Peterson vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ghost beats Lamont.

Comment

this would make for a good match-up imo!

looking at his weight, it's unlikely that guererro will move down and peterson looks very lean at light-welter so a move up to welter will probably make him stronger.

at this point in time i'd probably go with guererro on a hard-fought decision after a rough fight!

Comment

I pick evenly match,funny thing is imo their styles are very similar..The both like to give up their height..They both can box but rather brawl..Peterson is the better body puncher,I also believe he has the better Jab..

I'm leaning towards Peterson,but this is a great match up..If at 147lb,I don't know cause I've not seen Peterson fight there as of yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Lol at the poll options.

Are people rating Peterson a little too highly at the moment? He arguably lost to Khan, even with the points deductions, and he never had Khan in real trouble the way Maidana, Garcia, or Diaz did. Maidana and Diaz are the other two guys who went 12 round with Khan in recent years and they both had him running for his life at some point.

Even if you do think Peterson beat Khan (which is fair enough), he did so because of how terrible Khan is on the inside, i.e. not having any inside game at all. I give Peterson full credit for walking through shots to get in there but there are very few other fighters who'd be so easy to bully on the inside in the welterweight neighbourhood.

I don't want to be too critical of Peterson, I was a fan of his until the TRT thing, but I think he's a bit reliant on the fragility of the other guy in the ring and his own ability to tough it out.
          Peterson also had Khan running bro..Did you forget the pic of Khan on the unicycle??Peterson is strong and has a better inside game then Guerrero bro..His(Guerrero)best inside game shown was a foul fest,and Berto is weak as hell dude to start with..I think this is a very evenly match fight,I'd give the edge to Peterson in speed and his jab..I'd give Guerrero an edge in height and(maybe)strength..I have not seen Peterson at the weight,and Guerrero is a big dude..

The thing I can never get out of my mind is when Guerrero(seemingly)quit against Yordan..Yordan was getting inside and roughing Guerrero up and really punishing him imo..I know it was only 2 rds,but it looked like that would be the style of fight it was going to be and Guerrero wanted no part of it..I said the same thing with Mikey Garcia in his Salido fight,mind you Garcia was putting a beating on Salido..But when things started to get uncomfortable Garcia looked like he wanted out and seen a door way home..I seen that same look on Guerrero's face in that fight..He wanted none..

TBH,I've never seen that look on LP face,he embraces tough fights bro..It's evenly match imo..But I'd pick Peterson over Guerrero for now..
          Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X