Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Would you pick Khan or Judah over Rios or Alvarado? Yet they're not included...

Khan and Judah are in no way higher than Rios and Alvarado if honesty is applied to anyone's ranking.
    Exactly my point. Not to mention Judah already lost in this tourney when he lost to Garcia. TS is going around calling Rios a LW and what bothers me is people with agendas will use that to take away from Alvarado's victory.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Exactly my point. Not to mention Judah already lost in this tourney when he lost to Garcia. TS is going around calling Rios a LW and what bothers me is people with agendas will use that to take away from Alvarado's victory.

Dude what are you on about?

Rios has been fighting at 140 twice. He's 1-1 at the weight. I'm not saying he's not a legitimate LWW or anything like that, just that I can't say he's top four when he hasn't fought any of the top guys.

I certainly don't have an agenda against either guy, but it seems like you are very subjective towards them.

Comment

What's the reason for not having Alvarado?

Again, do you think H2H Zab or Khan beat Rios or Alvarado?

And if you're basing this off of the tourney then Zab just lost in the first round but you still listed him. Its your poll and you do what you want but don't go around saying you're not showing bias.

Comment

And for the record I don't even like Rios. I detest that fool's guts. Anyone will tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            What's the reason for not having Alvarado?

Again, do you think H2H Zab or Khan beat Rios or Alvarado?

And if you're basing this off of the tourney then Zab just lost in the first round but you still listed him. Its your poll and you do what you want but don't go around saying you're not showing bias.

I said on the previous page that Alvarado should have been included instead of Judah.

I think it's hard to say who beats who. I think Rios-Alvarado are made for each other. I think bam bam would lose out to Mathysse, Garcia, Peterson an maybe even Khan depending on how he fights. I think he lost to Abril and he also lost to Alvarado. Are those two much better than the top guys at LWW? Not specifically in my opinion.

Alvarado would mix it up with anyone. But I'd like to see Rios-Garcia. That would be an epic fight and the trash talk in the build up would be hilarious.

Zab would lose to both of them imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Why should I include them? Rios is a lightweight, has two fights in this division and lost one. Alvarado's best win is over lightweight Rios and Breidis Prescott who was 3-3 coming into the fight. Until they mix it with the champions in this division or at least fight top 10 ranked fighters, I don't include them in the top of 140.

For the record, my list goes:

#1 Garcia
              #2 Peterson
              #3 Mathysse/Khan
              #4 Judah

These guys have all beaten each other. Khan beat Peterson in my opinion, even with those deductions. Mathysse and Khan both beat Judah, Khan did a much better job. Garcia beat Khan and Judah, and Peterson has good wins over Khan (on paper), Holt and Cayo. Therefore I put him as #2.

You forgot that Khan was starched by Prescott in less than 1 round. Alvarado should be # 3. Khan lost that fight ,IMO ,to Pederson and Pedey cheated. Pedersen was also embarrassed by Tim Bradley. Pedersen has 2 good quality wins,period.

TOP 5 :

Garcia
              Matthyse
              Alvarado
              Rios
              Petersen

Comment

Peterson/Matthysse depending on who comes out on top

Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                  You forgot that Khan was starched by Prescott in less than 1 round. Alvarado should be # 3. Khan lost that fight ,IMO ,to Pederson and Pedey cheated. Pedersen was also embarrassed by Tim Bradley. Pedersen has 2 good quality wins,period.

TOP 5 :

Garcia
                  Matthyse
                  Alvarado
                  Rios
                  Petersen

I didn't forget that, but 1) it wasn't at 140 and since he won against Khan he went 3-3 in his next six fight incl a loss to Paul McCloskey who Khan handled with ease and 2) since then Khan went on a pretty impressive streak of wins against Barrera, Salita, Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and Judah. Still the best streak of wins any of the current top crop has put together. Peterson should also be on that list imo.

Comment

Working...
                  X