No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Confirms: Matthysse Now With Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Confirms: Matthysse Now With Al Haymon

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed an earlier story posted on BoxingScene.com, regrding junior welterweight contender Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) signing a deal with influental adviser/manager Al Haymon. Matthysse is facing IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson (31-1-1,, 16KOs) in a catch-weight bout on May 18th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Going in Haymon's direction would certainly assist Matthysse, the WBC's mandatory challenger, in his quest to secure a fight with full WBC champ Danny Garcia, also handled by Haymon. However, Matthysse has a tough task ahead with Peterson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ladies and Gentlemen meet Floyd Next opponent. liek him over khan thats for sure.

Comment

Dont think this is good fo boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣL CHAPO View Post
        Ladies and Gentlemen meet Floyd Next opponent. liek him over khan thats for sure.
        I doubt it. Haymon doesn't put his marketable fighters up against high risk-low reward type of opponents like Lucas. That's probably why he signed him in the first place, so Danny won't have to fight him. He knows Danny is marketable and apparently he also knows Matthysse murders him.

Comment

If you can't beat them join them?

Comment

The baddest man at 140 just joined the dark side. Not even Al Haymon could resist.

Comment

The main problem I have with this is that Haymon fighters never fight against Top Rank fighters or against other Haymon fighters.

Comment

Haymon/Schaefer will feed him Morales, Judah, Rees, Malignaggi... the usual route.

Comment

He should get bigger paydays now but I think they signed him so they could protect there other fighters like my homie thuggery said

Comment

Al Haymon is on his Bob Arum ish, winner of Garcia v Matthysse gets Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X