No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime ratings from last Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

696,000 vs 747,000

whats their margin of error? truth is you dont really know.

They dont know how many people actually watched it. They just extrapolate these numbers from neilson surveys. Its pretty much even.

Comment

Factors that can could have contributed it to the low rating.

*An unknown opponent
      *No boxing last week on HBO to be used as a lead in.
      *No Friday Night Fights lead in.
      *In Argentina so there was very little American promotion.
      *Nobody talked about it because no one had tickets so no buzz.
      *Arum said PPVs outside the US usually have half the ammount of buys so this is probably similar.
      *Fight started a couple hours earlier than expected
      *Went up against a showtime card. (The last time that happened was with Vanes-Lara and that got bad ratings)

I remember reading HBO had reservations about accepting the Martinez fight in an outdoor stadium because weather could be a problem. And it they ended up being exactly right.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-02-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
        Should be less, they're having some discount or something for 6 months.. 50% off each I think it was? I have Dish Network too.
        Weird. Mine's been saying 26 for both still.

Comment

I missed the Martinez fight because I didn't know they were going to show it at 8:30pm instead of later. I think that's why the other fight did better in ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            It's only 26 dollars a month for both HBO and SHO for me. I have Dish though.
            I'm gonna call Comcast to see if they give me showtime free for a few months, they have been giving me the business on the bill.

Comment

Comcast messed up on my bill, my wife called and bitched them out, and ended up getting us Showtime free for 12 months. Hint, hint...

Comment

Working...
              X