Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the top 5 technical boxers of today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    Why do you guys feel Martinez is a top5 technical boxer? He's very unorthodox to me.
    yeah but by what he said fits Martinez pretty nicely, although he goes down if he gets caught off balance sometimes lol

Comment

Garcia over Mayweather? Hell no. #1 is between Mayweather and Rigo then Andre Ward #3. If anything Garcia would be #4 or #5. Dawson would be on the top 10 as well I think. I'm just too lazy to make a list.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Is this about technical soundness or how aesthetically pleasing they are? If it's the former then Andre Ward has to get a mention as he's excellent in so many aspects of the game, and exceptional in how he puts it all together. Obviously if it's about aesthetics his spot would be less secure.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          How in the world could any of you have the nerve to leave out Juan Manuel Marquez? He is by far one of the smartest and most technical boxers left today. In the Top 5 easy, without any doubt.
          Oops, slipped my mind. Marquez bumps off Quillin then.

Going through the responses, a lot of you have been calling for Klitscho and Ward to be put on. I think what hampers them in looking as smooth( one of the criteria I laid out for technicality) is that they don't throw combinations as much. Single punches can be smooth too,no doubt, but it's when you string punches together that make you look almost video game like.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            yeah but by what he said fits Martinez pretty nicely, although he goes down if he gets caught off balance sometimes lol
            Why the f you write "lol" in your every god damn post, even when what you write is not funny?

List:
            Rigo
            Floyd
            Wlad
            Ward
            GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Is this about technical soundness or how aesthetically pleasing they are?
              Ahh, you bring up a great point. I guess what I meant was a combo of the two? Because to a lot of fans ,bangers and sluggers also constitute as aesthetically pleasing fighters.

What I meant was technicality(smoothness,timing, balance) with an aesthetic touch.

Comment

Rigondeaux and Mayweather are the two obvious ones.

For the other three, I'd say Ward, Marquez and Bhop.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  How in the world could any of you have the nerve to leave out Juan Manuel Marquez? He is by far one of the smartest and most technical boxers left today. In the Top 5 easy, without any doubt.
                  Yes he is an excellent boxer, but gets hit far more than the others mentioned.

Comment

Quillin? lmaoooooo log off, son.

Comment

Guillermo Rigondeaux
                      Floyd Mayweather
                      Andre Ward
                      Juan Manuel Marquez
                      Zou Shiming

Comment

Working...
                      X