Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
    I didn't watch the fight until the replay on Showtime Saturday night but I think what I heard about Floyd dominating and winning easily, was not exactly true.

I thought the fight was much more competitive than fights like Hatton or Marquez. That Guerrero was not completely outclassed. Mayweather ran a lot and threw 6-10 pot shot rights a round. Apparently that is considered masterful boxing. Sometimes his rights connected and a lot of other times they didn't. Mayweather's jab and left hook were not effective.

He never hurt Guerrero. Guerrero was the aggressor most of the time. He landed a lot of good thudding body shots, but it is difficult to land head punches to Floyd because he moves a lot and has great anticipation.

Although I guess Floyd won, Guerrero did win rounds. I see some signs of age in Floyd.

I don't think that was one of Floyd's greatest performances at all. He would not make easy work of Canelo if he actually fought him, which he won't.
    Translation = Floyd painted a masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      Sugar Ray Robinson had his nemesis at WW and MW and fought them gladly, didn't RUN

Hagler gladly fought them all and never ran from anyone and had three great warrior challenges. Duran , Hearns , Leonard

Matter of factly those 4 fought each other gladly and didn't run nor duck one another unless you are of the opinion that Leonard should have fought Hagler earlier as Hagler was out of his prime when he fought Leonard

but LOOK at Leonard and Hearns , they fought in their primes, they didn't go on vacations , when challenged they Fought !

Now Jr is all alone with no real challenge. Mainly due to the fact he can out run everyone just like a chicken. A Chicken is very quick and fast on their feet, with great moves, might even pot shot you with his beak or feet once in a while but put a good hawk in there on the nice chicken, he is not there to dance and run nor pot shot , he is there for the nice kill

Jr chose NOT to fight his nemesis Manny Pacquiao but instead fought JMM and Hatton and then retired and vacated or vacationed

The Hagler Hearns Leonard Duran era was a most exciting era.

The Heavy weights with Foreman Frazier Ali and more was an exciting era.

The 140's today are exciting, the WW's would have been if JR would have had the b@!!$ to face his nemesis in his prime.

We were all ROBBED, I can't blame Pac , he is not perfect, he didn't BOW nor BEND the knee to Chickenboyweather but was accused of being scared of needles , how childless to accuse Pac of that !?

ROBBED !
      Mayweather is a very overrated fighter.

Comment

• The problem with people who just watched it for the 1st time is that you guys heard about a dominant performance so much that you were looking for the Gatti fight. Just because its not that doesnt mean its not dominant. Your judgement is stained because you already went in looking for the fight to be one way so when it wasnt like you thought, then it automatically feels like Ghost is doing better.

If you rewatch it back now and then again, you should be able to see the master piece that people speak of. I think the problem is that alot of people miss the subtle nuances in boxing. Thats why fighters & trainers appreciate Floyd more. They see all the lil things he does and again, he did a million of them in this fight. Brilliant stuff but the average fan can only see black & white stuff. If thats all you see then you are no different than a casual fan.

Comment

• just watched the fight for the first time....................G-A-W-D-D-A-M it was boring, I feel sorry for the people that actually wasted $70 on this.

It was a Baldomir type of performance.

Comment

• Michael Jordan at 90% was still heads above everyone across from him. In the case of Money, I don’t think things are any different.

The Ghost actually surprised me! His ring intelligence and the collective team game-planning of Team Ghost was incredibly proficient. I think they had a solid plan. I think he came in and executed it brilliantly. As a matter of fact, I think he fought a more intelligent fight than any Money opponent in recent history, excluding Angel. In the end, it simply didn’t matter. Where the typical fighter gets caught in the moment…..Money finds a way to defeat you within the second. In other words, when the opponent is saying to himself “he just connected from the left, this time I’m gonna go right”, Money is saying to himself, “I just went to the left, this time, let me feint to the left, fake the right, THEN land again with the left”.

Hi-tech stuff, but that’s how developed his mental warfare truly is. I hate to say this because it’s a direct quote of his, but for lack of better terms, “there’s no way to gameplan for [him]“. He never does the same thing twice. The many variables of his game make him a very difficult puzzle to solve. Broadcasters spoke of how he threw the right hand about 5 or 6 different ways. So not only does an opponent have to worry about which hand he will throw, but also from which angle it may come. So they have to figure that out, and avoid it in real-time – which, with his speed happens in the blink of an eye. It’s Chinese arithmetic. It’s unreal!

I don’t think the Ghost could have done anything better. He was conditioned. He executed a very solid gameplan. He varied his attack. And he wasn’t intimidated. He simply fell victim to the same man 43 other guys had no answer for. I don’t think the Ghost was a joke on any level. I just think the man he stood across from was a riddle. One that’s far from easy to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              just watched the fight for the first time....................G-A-W-D-D-A-M it was boring, I feel sorry for the people that actually wasted $70 on this.

It was a Baldomir type of performance.
              He would beat the man in your avatar by boring decision by a 12 round shutout.....it called the sweet science, not mix martial arts or pro wrestling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                He would beat the man in your avatar by boring decision by a 12 round shutout.....it called the sweet science, not mix martial arts or pro wrestling.

Of course he would, Floyds a 154lb champ and Lucas is a champ at 140 knowing Floyd though he probably is gonna cherry pick somebody from 140 for his next fight typical Floyd.

Comment

Of course he would, Floyds a 154lb champ and Lucas is a champ at 140 knowing Floyd though he probably is gonna cherry pick somebody from 140 for his next fight typical Floyd.
                  Floyd is also a 130 pound champion while Lucas is 140 pound champ. Lucas also walks around bigger and is bigger on fight night but dont let the facts get in the way. Only different between the 2 is talent. Floyd is not fighting there because of his size. Its because his talent and dedication allows him to go places where most cant

Comment

Uh no...nice try jack. Money is a 147 lb champ that started his career at 130 lbs. He only fought twice at 154 lbs for the money, something the guy in your avatar would do as well if presented the opportunity.

Money beat the guy that gave the guy in your avatar one of his two losses....once you make 32 million a fight, you've earned that right to cherry pick...every fighter can't win the lottery (fighting Money). His ticket to the Hall of Fame is secure, is the guy in your avatar ticket secure?

Money would embarrass that guy in your avatar, and I like the guy in your avatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      Uh no...nice try jack. Money is a 147 lb champ that started his career at 130 lbs. He only fought twice at 154 lbs for the money, something the guy in your avatar would do as well if presented the opportunity.

Money beat the guy that gave the guy in your avatar one of his two losses....once you make 32 million a fight, you've earned that right to cherry pick...every fighter can't win the lottery (fighting Money). His ticket to the Hall of Fame is secure, is the guy in your avatar ticket secure?

Money would embarrass that guy in your avatar, and I like the guy in your avatar.

For many of his WW fights, his opponents fought that many or even less yet you guys were not complaining .......

Fights at WW prior to Floyd:
                      - Marquez = 0
                      - Hatton = 1
                      - Ortiz = 1
                      - Guerrero = 2
                      - Sharmba = 1

Khan would be next with 0 fights but unfortunately his chin is not cooperating.

Well at least you admit that Floyd is a cherry picker but to say that he earned it is hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                      X