Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't watch the fight until the replay on Showtime Saturday night but I think what I heard about Floyd dominating and winning easily, was not exactly true.

I thought the fight was much more competitive than fights like Hatton or Marquez. That Guerrero was not completely outclassed. Mayweather ran a lot and threw 6-10 pot shot rights a round. Apparently that is considered masterful boxing. Sometimes his rights connected and a lot of other times they didn't. Mayweather's jab and left hook were not effective.

He never hurt Guerrero. Guerrero was the aggressor most of the time. He landed a lot of good thudding body shots, but it is difficult to land head punches to Floyd because he moves a lot and has great anticipation.

Although I guess Floyd won, Guerrero did win rounds. I see some signs of age in Floyd.

I don't think that was one of Floyd's greatest performances at all. He would not make easy work of Canelo if he actually fought him, which he won't.

Comment

• Where's Barry?

Hey, guys, Im wandering where's Barry?
      His youtube channel is closed "by the user", his twitter and facebook is down.
      And I haven't downloaded all of his vids from youtube, what an idiot i am, i am in a crisis right now, i was like ill do it tomorow, and tomorow, and...AAAAAAAA
      Barry please return, God, let the right people rule!

Comment

• Watching the fight again, when was the last time Floyd was the fan favorite for a bout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Djanxx View Post
          tl;dr I see you're still mad you're idol got knocked the **** out.
          Wrong agin mang !! I don't have ary idol DumB@$$

I thought you said that Jr would KO Guerrero, hahahah

when is the last time he legit KO'd anybody , LMAO !!!!

he is too big of a chicken to stand in the sweet spot and go toe to toe

Super Boring fights, makes one sick to know they payed good money to see the ballerina in da ring.

you must love Ballerinas LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by MR PUNCHOUT View Post
            Please stop man flyod didn't duck pac! Even da lay hoya said it wasn't flyods fault the fight didn't happen in the mayweather documentary!
            Were you living back in those ducking years ? Have you not read :
            1. Where all the Mayweathers made a total assault agin Pac ?
            2. Accused him of some drugs that stopped bullets 500 years ago
            3. Made demand after demand that would never fly to AVOID the fight he would lose
            4...Retirments
            5. Vacations after vacations
            6. Until all the elites of the day fought and beat each other to death
            7. and only after that did Jr come out and claim supremacy

I will hand it to the quick chicken of chickens, he is the best at ducking elites and he is the fastest at running from threats

Comment

• Sugar Ray Robinson had his nemesis at WW and MW and fought them gladly, didn't RUN

Hagler gladly fought them all and never ran from anyone and had three great warrior challenges. Duran , Hearns , Leonard

Matter of factly those 4 fought each other gladly and didn't run nor duck one another unless you are of the opinion that Leonard should have fought Hagler earlier as Hagler was out of his prime when he fought Leonard

but LOOK at Leonard and Hearns , they fought in their primes, they didn't go on vacations , when challenged they Fought !

Now Jr is all alone with no real challenge. Mainly due to the fact he can out run everyone just like a chicken. A Chicken is very quick and fast on their feet, with great moves, might even pot shot you with his beak or feet once in a while but put a good hawk in there on the nice chicken, he is not there to dance and run nor pot shot , he is there for the nice kill

Jr chose NOT to fight his nemesis Manny Pacquiao but instead fought JMM and Hatton and then retired and vacated or vacationed

The Hagler Hearns Leonard Duran era was a most exciting era.

The Heavy weights with Foreman Frazier Ali and more was an exciting era.

The 140's today are exciting, the WW's would have been if JR would have had the b@!!$ to face his nemesis in his prime.

We were all ROBBED, I can't blame Pac , he is not perfect, he didn't BOW nor BEND the knee to Chickenboyweather but was accused of being scared of needles , how childless to accuse Pac of that !?

ROBBED !

Comment

• finally seen it last nite. not a onesided fight but ghost won at most 4 rounds. never let up even chased Floyd all over in the last round. dam good fight

Comment

• I really think Money took the steam out of him with some hard right counters and lead rights. Not to mention he ate some nasty body shots as well. Those add up and had the Ghost hesitant as Money was getting off first and when the Ghost did get off, Money was not found or blocked with his arms. Accuracy and speed is what hurt the Ghost and made him hesitant. He discouraged him and softened his will in the ring.

When it was all said and over, he didn't have much to say other than to speak about his faith, etc, since he pretty much was completely schooled and didn't want to discuss the schooling.

BTW, I really didn't expect much from the Ghost at this weight or any weight below against a fighter at Money's level. Thats what happens when you fight someone who can do everything that much better than you. Heart, chin, don't matter as much when all other attributes are lopsided in one fighter's favor.

Comment

• I just watched the fight for the 1st time. I watched it while listening to a debate on another subject, so I didnt have sound on the fight turned up. I saw a much more competitive fight than many of you on here. I saw Guerrero win 3 or 4 of the 1st 4 rounds. I saw the 1st really dominant round for Mayweather as the 8th. The 7th, I found as a good solid Guerrero round. The ref had to pull him off Mayweather, of course with the sound own, I didnt hear why the ref snatched Guerrero who didnt appear to be doing anything but really banging Mayweathers body with both hands. The 11th was also a very dominant Mayweather round. It was very close, to me. I loved how Mayweather really sat on his punches in the 11th and tried to put Guerrero away. It wasnt working because Mayweather doesnt have the power at the weight.

Some things I took from the fight were that, again body shots dont count at all when the favored guy isnt landing them. When Mayweather holds Guerrero's arm on one side and Guerrero plasters his ribs 5 or 6 times with his free hand, those punches apparently dont get counted. They did seem to bother Mayweather quite a bit though. The replay's in between rounds were very Mayweather dominant, almost indicating that Mayweather didnt get touched at all. I think after each round, they showed the flashy highlight that showed Mayweather give Guerrero a 1-2 and then slip 2 Guerrero return shots. That got old. I think they showed one Guerrero highlight in the first or 2nd round where he caught Mayweather ducking into a viscious body shot. It looked like it really bothered him. It happened a few more time during the 1st half of the fight, until Mayweather adjusted and started really playing keep away as often as he could. This fight was Canelo/Trout all over again. The popular/favored guy got benefitted from his popularity.

I cant believe how this fight was listed as such a dominant performance for one guy. It was very close and competitive. I think Guerrero did better than Cotto. Just that Guerrero has power issues himself at this weight. Cotto's landed harder punches, but wasnt hitting Mayweather's body as much as Guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
                      I didn't watch the fight until the replay on Showtime Saturday night but I think what I heard about Floyd dominating and winning easily, was not exactly true.

I thought the fight was much more competitive than fights like Hatton or Marquez. That Guerrero was not completely outclassed. Mayweather ran a lot and threw 6-10 pot shot rights a round. Apparently that is considered masterful boxing. Sometimes his rights connected and a lot of other times they didn't. Mayweather's jab and left hook were not effective.

He never hurt Guerrero. Guerrero was the aggressor most of the time. He landed a lot of good thudding body shots, but it is difficult to land head punches to Floyd because he moves a lot and has great anticipation.

Although I guess Floyd won, Guerrero did win rounds. I see some signs of age in Floyd.

I don't think that was one of Floyd's greatest performances at all. He would not make easy work of Canelo if he actually fought him, which he won't.

This is exactly how I saw it. Great post.

Comment

Working...
                      X