Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Mayweather carries a Dolce & Gabbana. Not sure about Guerrero. Dont think he carries one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Guerrero was so wide open for the right hand against Berto I can definitely see Floyd putting on a clinic and stopping him.

What might make the fight interesting is if Guerrero's gets some sort of momentum on the inside, and Robert Byrd actually lets him work in there. If Byrd keeps jumping in or blames Guerrero for all the holding that will go on, the fight will pretty much be over there and then. If Guerrero can't work on the inside I think he'll be every bit as toast as Hatton was.
      Yeah I mean i agree with you that Byrd could play a big role in this fight. But the thing is one of the biggest reasons Guerrero had so much success against Berto (besides the mere fact that Berto is miserable), was because Berto refused to/didn't know how to clinch. Mayweather will clinch any time he doesn't like whats happening and he will do it effectively.

Comment

Guerrero was so wide open for the right hand against Berto I can definitely see Floyd putting on a clinic and stopping him.

What might make the fight interesting is if Guerrero's gets some sort of momentum on the inside, and Robert Byrd actually lets him work in there. If Byrd keeps jumping in or blames Guerrero for all the holding that will go on, the fight will pretty much be over there and then. If Guerrero can't work on the inside I think he'll be every bit as toast as Hatton was.
        Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
        Yeah I mean i agree with you that Byrd could play a big role in this fight. But the thing is one of the biggest reasons Guerrero had so much success against Berto (besides the mere fact that Berto is miserable), was because Berto refused to/didn't know how to clinch. Mayweather will clinch any time he doesn't like whats happening and he will do it effectively.
        And just for the record book I actually picked Berto to decapitate Guerrero. I ate my words on that and was very impressed with what Guerrero did in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
          You're right, it was surprising to see how incapable Berto was of tying Guerrero up and bringing the fight back to the centre of the ring. Obviously Floyd knows how to do that, but nevertheless Guerrero could still get some work done in close provided Byrd doesn't move to break them too quickly, or blame Guerrero for all the holding that would inevitably go on in that situation. The extent to which he's willing to let them work could still shape the fight in a significant way.

If Guerrero isn't able to impose his physical strength on Floyd against the ropes then it's hard to see any point to the fight at all. Very hard to see how he could have success doing anything else.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0X6SQI-nI

B-Hop talking Floyd/Robert and other things.

Comment

• There is no way in hell Guerrero wins this unless he KOs Mayweather. Now wait before you blast me lol.. I'm not saying he he will KO him.. but even if by some miracle he outboxes Floyd (not saying he will lol)... but even if he does... with the money that's at stake there is NO WAY that Showtime will have their cash cow lose his first fight.

Comment

You're right, it was surprising to see how incapable Berto was of tying Guerrero up and bringing the fight back to the centre of the ring. Obviously Floyd knows how to do that, but nevertheless Guerrero could still get some work done in close provided Byrd doesn't move to break them too quickly, or blame Guerrero for all the holding that would inevitably go on in that situation. The extent to which he's willing to let them work could still shape the fight in a significant way.

If Guerrero isn't able to impose his physical strength on Floyd against the ropes then it's hard to see any point to the fight at all. Very hard to see how he could have success doing anything else.
                Yep spot on analysis man. I think a lot of how this fight plays out will depend on the amount of shots Guerrero is willing to take. It's such a double edge sword because to win the fight he has to be extremely aggressive, but it's that same aggressiveness that could also get him stopped. We'll see

Comment

• The Ghost is going to take some right hands. He probably is expecting it. I believe he will cause floyd some trouble. He is mentally tough, and a skilled all rounder. He may try multiple game plan tactics. Or just come charging all night regardless of the success he has in doing so.

If he comes charging all night making floyd work and use the legs , I think Robert will get to him eventually. Have some success. Robert has a good jab too needs to use that while coming in

Comment

• Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0X6SQI-nI

B-Hop talking Floyd/Robert and other things.
                    B.Hop nailed it....Ghost doesn't have the STYLE or TOOLS to beat Floyd...."he's a plumber going to do electrician work"

Comment

• One more day and the fight weekend is upon us!!

Comment

Working...
                      X