Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the END of the road for Chris Arreola??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt really matter... Arreola is a good brawler... decent boxer at best, good chin and very good power. He never had what it took to beat one of the Klitschkos.. The second tier was as far as he was ever going to bet IMO.... He's the Brandon Rios of the division, he's never gonna be the best, but he can give us tons of great fights.

Comment

He will be alright arreola was doing good until that shot that broke his nose. After that he was gun shy and wouldnt pull the trigger probably bc of the pain but he still mangaed to hurt or stun stiverne in the middle rounds. He needs to drop henry though

Comment

Arreola's regressed since he left trainer Ronnie Shields. He looked extremely one dimensional and didn't have much of a backup plan after he got dropped and started getting out boxed the rest the of the fight. With Shields, he was getting into good condition and he was adding some different offensive elements to his game.

I like watching Chris Arreola and think he's good for the division but he's not gonna beat any the top elite fighters. There are some fun matchups though; I'd like to see him against Helenius, Fury, Mitchell or someone like Boystov.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Arreola's regressed since he left trainer Ronnie Shields. He looked extremely one dimensional and didn't have much of a backup plan after he got dropped and started getting out boxed the rest the of the fight. With Shields, he was getting into good condition and he was adding some different offensive elements to his game.

I like watching Chris Arreola and think he's good for the division but he's not gonna beat any the top elite fighters. There are some fun matchups though; I'd like to see him against Helenius, Fury, Mitchell or someone like Boystov.
          Wonder if Garcia would be interested in picking up a HW project....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            good post. i can't imagine arreola suddenly developing discipline outside of the ring at his age. it's a damn shame. that was an awesome fight. it would have been even better if arreola had the gas to throw more punches
            He's been fatter, and always had high workrate. You gotta believe the broken nose had a lot to do with it, as did the much better than expected opponent

Comment

I'd like to see him versus Deontay Wilder soon.

He'd be a good test for Wilder at this stage of his career, a measuring stick to see how good how he is coming along. (and how good he is at this level.)

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                I'd like to see him versus Deontay Wilder soon.

He'd be a good test for Wilder at this stage of his career, a measuring stick to see how good how he is coming along. (and how good he is at this level.)
                I say the fight that makes the most sense for both is Fury Arreola at this stage of their boxing careers.....

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  It doesnt really matter... Arreola is a good brawler... decent boxer at best, good chin and very good power. He never had what it took to beat one of the Klitschkos.. The second tier was as far as he was ever going to bet IMO.... He's the Brandon Rios of the division, he's never gonna be the best, but he can give us tons of great fights.
                  How do we know this Reed? He's never come in shape, ever. He doesn't throw punches, he takes 4,5 rounds off per fight and when he actually does throw, he wins the rounds easily.

He's his own worst nightmare, not a nightmare to everyone else. Look at the Adamek fight, when he actually fought, he was beating Adamek. I don't have a clue as to what Arreola would look like at 230-225 lbs, ready to go 12 hard rounds, slim and trim in great shape.

I bet you we see a COMPLETELY different fighter. He threw 333 punches in a 12 round fight....hahahah that's 27 punches per round and there was one round where he threw 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    How do we know this Reed? He's never come in shape, ever.
                    Because you already said it yourself.

If you can't get up for Wlad, and then after being dominated and embarassed, you still can't... then that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                      Do you see him doing anything to get to a championship level fighter after getting dropped and dominated as he was??
                      Chris vs Audley? Loser leaves town?

Comment

Working...
                      X