Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the END of the road for Chris Arreola??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At his age it's not too late. As ever, if he loses the weight he becomes a threat again. But that windows is slowly closing.

Comment

I don't think he's done physically. The best thing about this defeat is that many up and coming fighters probably wants to fight him now. A big win over Fury Price Wilder...etc and he's right back again. Arreola has a few more years left in boxing.

Comment

he was never good. don't be fooled by knocking over bums.

Comment

I think his team did a huge disservice to Arreola in 2012 by 'shelving' him for the better part of the year and it showed last Sat night. Arreola had good momentum going into 2012; I think he fought 4-5 times in 2011 and he seemed to be rededicated to the sport. Lets face it - a boxer like Chris Arreola needs to stay active and be in the ring every 2-4 months. He's best when hes fighting frequently and knocking guys out; even if they are b level guys.

As to the thread question; I don't think Arreola will ever win a title (not while Wlad's still around), but I could see him in some exciting hw fights and beating guys like Fury, Mitchell, Charr i.e. contenders but not elite fighters

Comment

Arreola never had the right attitude toward boxing. All he thinks about is drinking with his buddies and eating whenever he wants. I'm sure he has some dedication, but not enough. If he can change all that, he can do a little more in boxing, but I think he won't. At age 32, his youth is not going to help make up for that any more.

Comment

nope, he'll fight 3-5 bums then get a title shot

Comment

I think you'll have to be an absurd talent to get away with being lazy as a pro fighter.

Arreola isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Yes, unless he finds a new trainer. Now I'm the last person in the world to suggest that a fighter find a new trainer. Simply because I'm not there and don't know how good a particular trainer is, but because of his friendship with his trainer.

He said he was going to work hard, that he would come in at a respectable weight, he didn't. 248lbs and 333 punches in a 12 round fight is not acceptable. He will never win not being ready like that.

He needs a trainer that is going to push him to the limit and let him know if he doesn't come in at 230-235, then you are not fighting.

Arreola I think is done, he can't take this sport seriously.

good post. i can't imagine arreola suddenly developing discipline outside of the ring at his age. it's a damn shame. that was an awesome fight. it would have been even better if arreola had the gas to throw more punches

Comment

there was never a beginning for him. how can you box all ur life and be in such terrible shape? he's a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      No Chris is not done....He has been a gatekeeper for a while now and he fought hard. Steverne got by him. There is no guarantee that Fury, Price or any number of others are better than Chris. Chris has some skills and is always dangerous.

If one thinks about it....Is Chris really ever going to come in at a decent weight? NO. Will he ever fight for the championship again? I doubt it. But he is a great opponent to expose the guys coming up who have a weakness. I would personally take Chris over Fury, maybbe price, and even Hellanus.
                      That's a fight that needs to happen next....Arreola Fury........

Comment

Working...
                      X