Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin: "GGG is a risky fighter"..."Not enough money to fight him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not like what Quillin said there as it makes him look scared.

What I will say though that if I was in charge of his team, I would not make the fight yet either. Not for another year. He is still learning on the job and needs a few more fights before he can attempt to take on the lions.

To me though it sounds terrible coming from a fighter. If it was a managerial standpoint I would understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Its also a very good name to get a win against

Plus u can say that for just about any fighter

i said it because of his opponent, who i don't expect him to beat. the risk is because of golovkin. there's a reason why nobody wants to fight him.

Comment

• So how do you make more money fighting Hassan N'Dam or Guerrero?

Golovkin is known now by anyone who follows boxing. And he would make a huge amount fighting golovkin. He is lying. Obviously the risk means more to him than the payday, because there is nothing wrong with the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          i said it because of his opponent, who i don't expect him to beat. the risk is because of golovkin. there's a reason why nobody wants to fight him.
          Yes and pretty much all those excuses are bull****

Comment

See, this is the **** that I'm talking about right here. The last two posts after my posts do not represent the opinion of fighters, just the armchair fanatic. Sickens me to no end.

Comment

• The next two posts sicken me even more. Fights build. Nobody gives a flying **** about your impatience with fights that aren't happening at the moment...that can still be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Yes and pretty much all those excuses are bull****
                they might be bull**** to you, but making money is what boxing is about to the people who control the decisions in the sport.

quillin is saying what his handlers are thinking. profiting off of quillin's boxing career is their prerogative. there's nothing wrong with his handlers being smart with his career. you might not like it, but it's not "bullsh#t."

running the career of a fighter on that level requires an investment of time and money that would make your head spin. whether you like it or not, they're going to make money off of these guys by moving them intelligently instead of simply matching them to please fans.

i find issue with peter quillin, a fighter who has accomplished very little, saying it.

Comment

they might be bull**** to you, but making money is what boxing is about to the people who control the decisions in the sport.

quillin is saying what his handlers are thinking. profiting off of quillin's boxing career is their prerogative. there's nothing wrong with his handlers being smart with his career. you might not like it, but it's not "bullsh#t."

running the career of a fighter on that level requires an investment of time and money that would make your head spin. whether you like it or not, they're going to make money off of these guys by moving them intelligently instead of simply matching them to please fans.

i find issue with peter quillin, a fighter who has accomplished very little, saying it.
                  This fight will be a bigger money fight then just about anybody who's not Sergio at MW

So i dont see the problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                    wow what phaggot he basically admitted ducking ggg
                    If you're going to get knocked out brutally you might aswell expect a good pay day, don't blame Quillin.

Comment

• This fight can't happen right now, isn't Golovkin with HBO anyways?

Comment

Working...
                      X