No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin: "GGG is a risky fighter"..."Not enough money to fight him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    what he said is the truth if you consider the state of his career. this is a bad time to risk a knockout loss unless it's for great money.

he should never have said it.
    I disagree. I like that he's being honest. I respect that more than the bull**** excuses he's given before. The subject will come up and it's better than him lying through his teeth.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• I agree with Quillen, the money insn't there yet. When it is, the fight will be made.

Comment

• I respect his honesty and he makes a good point, but he really makes himself look bad here, he should have said he'd take him on, and because of promotional and network issues he most likely wouldn't have had to fight him anytime soon anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Then he should stop fighting and become a manager.

Can you imagine if every fighter said this? Nobody would ever fight anybody!
          Not everybody says it, but everyone does do it. Decent fights still eventually get made though. Risk/reward does eventually match up. Just because others fighter say they'll fight anybody at any time, it doesn't mean they actually do it. Quillin being honest about how risk/reward works out loud won't change reality.

This is from a guy who hasnt even been a main event yet. Its amazing when people support guys like this and Berto fighting nobodies for 400K or 1 mil and then support their complaining about not getting enough money when they are massively overpaid in the first place
          Had Quillin only said there's no money in it and left it at that, then yeah, it's BS. But he also talked about Golovking being too risky this time. It doesn't make him look like the bravest man in the world, but at least I get it to a certain extent.

I don't think Quillin been massively overpaid yet though.

Comment

• todays problem with boxers, thats why i like MMA/UFC dana whites plan, dont pay these guys too much because money gets to their heads, fight the best now, because when youj fight the best for casual cash, it makes you hungrier in the ring and show your true colors and when your a star or PPV star, thats when you can ask for tons of cash.

These boxers take big $ and never perform or never fight the best.

Comment

• Frank Duckets - its Quillin with an "i" not a ****ing "e". I've seen you misspell his name hundreds of times in numerous threads and it's annoying as hell. For someone who has spent so much time talking about him at least get his name right, ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                The way I look at it, if you're the champion of the world, you should be ready and willing to fight anyone. I'm from the old school when fighters didn't become the champion and wait around for years for a fight to build up enough to take it.
                Ultimately that's the way I see it too. Once you start calling yourself a world champion you have to fight the best. Otherwise refer to yourself as a title holder and stop lying about what you are.

Comment

• Bad thing to say on his part. I believe most fighters feel this way sometime especially when they're at the top of their division, but few fighters actually tell the truth and I feel he's being a little too honest for a fighter who's especially a champion. I respect him for it, but it doesn't make him look good. He literally admitted to avoiding him right now. He should hire a spokesperson lol

Comment

• Well at least he's honest...lol

And I think GGG would surely beat him...

Comment

• Just like Bradley's "what if I lose?" comment about fighting Khan, it is what it is, fighters follow the advice of their manager and promoter, it sucks that they're the ones who have to take all the blame just because they're in the public eye. The moment people realize that fighters aren't afraid of other fighters, the less BS we'll see on message boards.

Comment

Working...
                      X