Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime is putting a lot of money into this fight so what happens if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    If it flops people will say not being on HBO was the reason or people are tired of him. If it does more than a mil people will just say the numbers were cooked to make him look good.
    Pretty much.

Comment

IMO people say this almost every time he fights and he still sells a million plus ppvs.

However I do think rhis will be his lowest selling event since Hatton, but even those numbers wouldn't be a flop.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
        IMO people say this almost every time he fights and he still sells a million plus ppvs.

However I do think rhis will be his lowest selling event since Hatton, but even those numbers wouldn't be a flop.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Depends on the opponent. When he fought Cotto last year no one was saying it wouldn't sell, everyone knew it would do a good number and it did. Same thing with Mosley, everyone knew who Mosley was and and it did solid business. Everyone was questioning the numbers Ortiz would do and it ended up doing pretty good.
        People thought the JMM was going to do worse numbers than Hatton and it ended up doing over a million even with it competing against a UFC event the same nigh. After that Dana White admitted he wouldn't go up against Floyd or Manny again and he hasn't with a PPV (although he has done free Fox events the same night as Manny/Jmm and Manny/Bradley but they were usually over before Pac got in the ring.)
        I don't think its fair to say everyone is pooh poohing every Floyd fight. But when he fights lesser known guys like Ortiz or Guerrero its a valid conversation to have IMHO...

Comment

Floyd will go back to HBO if this PPV tanks, as previously discussed.

Comment

Working...
          X