Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse is winning the 140lb tourney hands down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
    Who did Matts knock out that was good?
    Good question, answer is no one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Judah landed the flush uppercut on his chin, he took it easily.
      Taking one shot from a fighter who is not a notorious power puncher isn't enough to warrant branding Lucas as someone with a great chin. Matthysse hasn't even fought anyone with great power yet, never mind taken a truly hard shot from someone that can swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
        Taking one shot from a fighter who is not a notorious power puncher isn't enough to warrant branding Lucas as someone with a great chin. Matthysse hasn't even fought anyone with great power yet, never mind taken a truly hard shot from someone that can swat.
        Judah has bombs in both hands, ask Danny Garcia. Matthysse took good punches from Olusegun too. DeMarcus Corley can bang too. Matthysse has a chin, it isn't in doubt.

I don't think he necessarily wins the tournament hands-down, but it won't be Lamont Peterson who stops him imo. I'd be very surprised if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Soto, Ajose, Judah, Alexander couldn't outbox Lucas all 4 are more skilled, faster & hit harder. Peterson can try box but Lucas will be all over him like a rash and you'll see how overrated Petersons inside game really is. Easy to look good against a guy like Khan who has zero inside game.

I'll take the stronger, harder-hitting, more polished fighter with the better chin any day & sorry that sure as hell isn't the ordinary Lamont Pederson.

I see many are confident seeing as Lucas is untested and whatever else you say but why aren't you putting points up? I'll give you 2:1 odds, let go...
          Man people here go the extra mile rooting for people , soto and ajose are a joke.
          Decent fighters but please stop using them to hype matthysse it's embarrassing.
          Judah and Alexander last time I checked he lost those , oh that's right he got robbed , now what motive do the boxing gods have to prop up Alexander or Judah answer is nothing. Garcia went out handled Judah the right way not having a bunch of cheerleaders on a forum crying foul twice. I can't wait til may 18 when Lucas gets exposed and I guess people can run over to the ggg hype train

Comment

Originally posted by RingGeneralship View Post
            Man people here go the extra mile rooting for people , soto and ajose are a joke.
            Decent fighters but please stop using them to hype matthysse it's embarrassing.
            Judah and Alexander last time I checked he lost those , oh that's right he got robbed , now what motive do the boxing gods have to prop up Alexander or Judah answer is nothing. Garcia went out handled Judah the right way not having a bunch of cheerleaders on a forum crying foul twice. I can't wait til may 18 when Lucas gets exposed and I guess people can run over to the ggg hype train
            Soto is a very good fighter who had not been stopped in over a decade, had he even been down? & Ajose is criminally underrated which is probably why Garcia avoided him like the plague

Yeah I suppose Alexander also beat Kotelnik fairly? Lucas kicked the **** out of Alexander that fight is not even arguable.

This was when he was still raw, his first time at top level & hes clearly come back much stronger is a far more complete fighter then he was 2-3years back.

It makes me laugh how people pick Lucas to lose, he destroys them and makes them look ridiculous then the same people months later call his opponents bums, say he is overrated etc
            & he will batter Peterson but I'm presuming you're an ALT and won't nowhere to be found after, typical.

Comment

Originally posted by RingGeneralship View Post
              Good question, answer is no one.
              I'll ask you then, who has Garcia KO'd that was good?

Of course glass chin and grandpa don't count.

Comment

people call Wilder a bum too. Who has he beat? Who has he KO'd that was any good? He just KO'd a guy that was supposed to be some what of a challenge in under a round. Abregu? Who is that guy? Who has he beaten worth a damn? He just beat an undefeated guy that was supposed to have a good shot a beating him down.

The point is, these guys with super high KO%'s usually live up to their billings when push comes to shove. Don't sleep on these guys........

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                  I'll ask you then, who has Garcia KO'd that was good?

Of course glass chin and grandpa don't count.
                  This is the problem I don't speak in hyperbole , people on this board don't understand how they come off. If a reader was a novice to boxing and came here they're would be no boogeyman stories it would be Lucas stories like he can knock down walls with a jab or knock someone's head clean off. He's good but a little overrated is my point. And to answer your question Garcia is a young and upcoming fighter who is improving and can only get better and having khan and Judah aren't bad for a young champion to have on his résumé .

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Judah has bombs in both hands, ask Danny Garcia. Matthysse took good punches from Olusegun too. DeMarcus Corley can bang too. Matthysse has a chin, it isn't in doubt.

I don't think he necessarily wins the tournament hands-down, but it won't be Lamont Peterson who stops him imo. I'd be very surprised if that happened.
                    None of that could compare to Garcia landing a left hook on him though, which is really what I'm trying to get at. Who knows how Lucas would react if that happened. That would be a true test to his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      people call Wilder a bum too. Who has he beat? Who has he KO'd that was any good? He just KO'd a guy that was supposed to be some what of a challenge in under a round. Abregu? Who is that guy? Who has he beaten worth a damn? He just beat an undefeated guy that was supposed to have a good shot a beating him down.

The point is, these guys with super high KO%'s usually live up to their billings when push comes to shove. Don't sleep on these guys........

Exactly, good post! Just because Decarie isn't a massive name doesn't mean he isn't a damn good prospect/fighter in his own right. In fact I think hes ridiculously underrated and did himself proud last night. Abregu probably won't get props for what really is a solid win.
                      Its the same with guys like Ajose, he don't need a resume full of hypejobs or big names, its plain to anybody in my eyes that he is a very good fighter and could hang at the top level. He might not ever be the best at 140 but there is no shame there.

Comment

Working...
                      X