Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to Garbey Donaire outweighed Rigondeaux by 17 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has donaire ever blowned up? any facts, like past fight night weights?

Comment

Damn so a guy that he outweighed by 17 lbs. did this to him?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        Nonito Donaire Jr. · 146,097 like this
        October 21, 2011 at 11:01pm ·
        Yep, 131lbs n I still have breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow before I fight! Totally amped and thanks to my fans for their belief in me and prayers but Team Donaire has prepared me and we are GOOD TO GO!

In other words he was 140 for teeny tiny Narvaez who didn't even rehydrate over the Bantamweight limit.

A minimum of four weight classes heavier on fight night.

Makes me laugh how HBO said Arce weighed more yet Donaire was 3 times his size

Comment

i've always wondered this. I've asked b4 but no one was able to answer.

All the unofficial weights show that he weighed less than everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
            I wonder how he got that # if "New York doesn't allow unofficial weights."

I still don't see how anyone can gain 20lbs overnight. Even if a lot of it is water weight, it still doesn't make sense to me.
            Did you miss Canelo-Trout? Both of them went up a pound or 2 shy of 20lbs.

Margarito if I remember correctly came in weighing 166-170lbs against Pacquiao, which from 150 is nearly 20lbs. Mayorga gained around 20lbs for Mosley. Clottey gained around 23lbs for Pacquiao. Ortiz gained 17lbs against Mayweather.

Comment

I think Donaire and Sergio are a lot alike in qualities. Both are athletic freaks but with above average skills.

For a rematch I think Donaire will do a lot better than last time.

Comment

and this weigh in pic, i dunno if it's fake or what, i didn't know donaire had muscle definition, seems like his climb in weight was just, "eat more stuff"

Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-28-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Did you miss Canelo-Trout? Both of them went up a pound or 2 shy of 20lbs.

Margarito if I remember correctly came in weighing 166-170lbs against Pacquiao, which from 150 is nearly 20lbs. Mayorga gained around 20lbs for Mosley. Clottey gained around 23lbs for Pacquiao. Ortiz gained 17lbs against Mayweather.
                  I know it can and has been done. I'm saying it just doesn't make sense to me. 20 lbs is a lot of weight to put on in 24hours.

Comment

and this weigh in pic, i dunno if it's fake or what, i didn't know donaire had muscle definition, seems like his climb in weight was just, "eat more food"

Yet he can not make 122 now?

I don't believe this, there is noway Montiel outweighed Donaire by 8lbs, he towered little Monty.

The weights must be the wrong way round.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                      I wonder how he got that # if "New York doesn't allow unofficial weights."

I still don't see how anyone can gain 20lbs overnight. Even if a lot of it is water weight, it still doesn't make sense to me.
                      10 pounds is nothing. 15-20 is when you risk messing yourself up before the fight. What I dont get it why they need to do it. Using the sauna to lose weight like that is so uncomfortable its not even funny. If they can withstand that they should be able to put in the work to lose the weight in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X