Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime commentary has grown on me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am one of the biggest critics of Zab Judah, but I felt they didn't give him any credit tonight until it was undeniable to do so. I remember Zab landed a great left, his best punch of the fight, and they just kept quietly talking saying nothing, then a minute later, Danny missed with two shots and they were like "And back comes Garcia, landing two hard shots!"

I guess wherever Haymon goes, the guys calling the fight get the message. Taking away nothing from Danny, who had a solid performance tonight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      I prefer the Showtime commentary - HBO are too biased. But no commentary team is perfect - I find myself disagreeing with some comments made by both Showtime and HBO from time to time. I guess that's boxing for you - it can be subjective sometimes.
      That's true.

SHO isn't perfect, how they tried to justify round 7 of Trout/Alvarez 10-9 was a joke. Nobody is perfect I just think SHO has come a long way since they had had the horrible Ferdie Pacheco and drunk driving Mr. Mensa Bobby Czyz.

Comment

I prefer HBO.

Comment

I have more fun with Showtime cause they seem to be having a blast watching it and calling it. I think they're more objective usually.

Comment

To most people watching HBO boxing just feels right no matter terrible the announcing may be.

Comment

I miss Gus "nuts & guts" Johnson. Showtime is stepping up, Paulie is a cool dude and Al Bernstein tells you how it is

Comment

showtime commentary has been better than hbo's for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by MiscBrah View Post
                  I always thought of them as second rated to hbo but lately they have come a long way.. Adding Brian Kenny was brilliant and pauly has been great as an analyst, and last they all have chemistry that I thought showed great tonight...
                  brian kenny sucks...hes a casual fan that didnt add anything to the commentary

Comment

I would say the majority of the boxing commentators suck. They have their preconceived notions about a fight and a fighter and they will never divert from their script. These commentators are supposed to add insight into the fight and spend less time spouting their annoying anecdotes like Lampley and Kellerman.

Didn't the HBO guys spend the first round of the Cotto-Mayweather fight talking about glove sizes?

Mauro Ranallo might want to judge a fight himself instead of relying on punch stat info to make an assessment on a fight. Punch stats are clearly inaccurate and the number of times these donkeys claimed Garcia tagged Judah, when he clearly had his shots blocked of by Judahs gloves, is shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      Showtime's commentary team feels fresh, young, excited.

HBO commentary team feels old, bored, stale.

Sometimes watching HBO you can feel that it's a job and maybe a job that's got a little boring to Lampley and Kellerman. Jones you can tell is a real fan and is actually calling real punches instead of just trying to inject fake excitement.

Showtime the guys feel like buddies hanging out while having a good time watching fights, I don't see that at all with the HBO crew.

that's true.

I really like Mallinagi as well. he reads the fights well.

Comment

Working...
                      X