No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez: "Austin Trout Rematch is Not Needed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez: "Austin Trout Rematch is Not Needed"

WBC/WBA super welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) paid a recent visit to BoxingScene Radio to talk about his big victory over the previously undefeated Austin Trout (26-1, 14KOs). Alvarez says that he expects the critics to always be there but feels that this victory went along way in proving that he is a real champion.

"I think I proved I'm a champion but the criticism will always be there you know. Some people are always negative though but I hope they will also have something to say because you can learn from it and take it as constructive," Alvarez stated.

The 22-year-old fighter surprised a lot of people including Trout with the way he fought. He came out using a lot a head movement and his defense was top notch. Alvarez said that you have to approach each fight differently and that he will do whatever it takes to win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it was close but immediate rematch isnt needed. Im sure well see them at 160 someday

Comment

While it was a close fight, I don't really want to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        it was close but immediate rematch isnt needed. Im sure well see them at 160 someday
        I completely agree. They should definitely rematch but not right now. I think that's part of the reason (besides losing of course) that Trout looked so dejected after the fight. He knew he wouldn't be getting a rematch any time soon. Trout will have to force Canelo to fight him by winning belts at 160 or getting Ishe's (Molina's) strap.

Comment

I can't speak for everyone but I don't really want to see this fight again right now.

If they both put together a string of solid wins maybe they can cross paths again down the line.

Comment

There are bigger more challenging fights down the line and the only ones who want the rematch are the dillusional and the mentally ill who think Trout won that fight.

Comment

I wonder why...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip
                There are bigger more challenging fights down the line and the only ones who want the rematch are the dillusional and the mentally ill who think Trout won that fight.
                Or are you sure its not the ginger's fans being a little insecure?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

damn straight. watched it 3 times now, trout won 4 rounds at best

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    While it was a close fight, I don't really want to see it again.

That's about it ^
                    ................... ^Y^
                    Last edited by torosboxing75; 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X