No announcement yet.

Wladamir Klitschko's also got knocked down in his 21st fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I agree that people are making too much of the knockdown, especially since Fury dominated the fight afterwards.

It was just a flash knockdown. Although the NBC's BJ Flores was saying Fury was hurt, as I re-watched the fight I could see he really wasn't (except for his pride).
    I think it's actually good for Fury that he's been on his ass a couple times so far in his career. It's all part of his learning process. Fury can improve a lot, I liked how he used his jab in the beginning of the fight, before the knock down. He needs a good trainer though, instead of that crazed uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      I agree that people are making too much of the knockdown, especially since Fury dominated the fight afterwards.

It was just a flash knockdown. Although the NBC's BJ Flores was saying Fury was hurt, as I re-watched the fight I could see he really wasn't (except for his pride).
      He wasnt hurt? Lol you've lost it. As a matter of fact he was hurt a second in that fight as well, without being KDed obviously.

Now I remember, he was hurt the one time the ref pulled him to the side to warn him. Which gave him time to recover. I suggest you go back and rewatch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Thanks for a sensible answer

All i'm saying is young prospects can make mistakes, it's not the end of the world
        In another thread where i criticized some of Fury's shortcomings you blamed it all on him not having Peter in his corner. I don't agree with that scapegoat but i am curious, Fury plans on fighting out of the US and Peter isn't allowed due to past convictions so what is he going to do in his future US fights?

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko - a little man in a big man's body. He's got no bottle and glass chin. He's been stopped 3 times, and since been matched very very carefully. Tyson Fury will catch up with him, probably early next year, once he's got Pulev out the way. Wladimir Klitschko is getting knocked spark out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            In another thread where i criticized some of Fury's shortcomings you blamed it all on him not having Peter in his corner. I don't agree with that scapegoat but i am curious, Fury plans on fighting out of the US and Peter isn't allowed due to past convictions so what is he going to do in his future US fights?
            Peter can get a waiver to enter the US, but it wasn't organised prior to this fight, in future it will be.

as for not agreeing with that "scapegoat", that's fine. I suggest from now on all boxers are only allowed their trainers during camp, and in the fight are not allowed them, since it won't make no difference anyway, we can just have some random guy with a water bottle instead. all good?

Comment

I love these hindsight comparisons. "oh pac was KO'd 2X and still went on to become an ATG, so this guy can do it too". Well 99.99999% of boxers dont go on to do anywhere near what pac or Vlad did after getting KO'd 2X

Comment

I'm not saying Fury won't be successful, but the comparison ignores an important factor. The average KO ratio of the fighters that knocked Wladimir down is 65%, whereas the average KO ratio of the fighters that knocked Fury down is 33.5%. To put things in perspective, Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers have KO ratios of 47% and 46%.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Lennox Lewis was knocked down in amateurs... not much analogy on this criteria alone can be made IMO.
                  Don't bring Lennox into this.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz
                    Quote: Originally Posted by Simurgh Lennox Lewis was knocked down in amateurs... not much analogy on this criteria alone can be made IMO. Don't bring Lennox into this.
                    Lennox is greater than both K bros and Fury put together...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Don't bring Lennox into this.
                      I bring Lennox only when I want to establish credibility of the argument.
                      I rather won't but as he is more respected here, sometimes it's easier + if the other side is Lennox's fan moreover...

It's actually compliment to Lennox.

Comment

Working...
                      X