Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MEXICAN and/or CANELO fans STAND UP FOR BOXING JUSTICE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
    You bloody idiot. Why are you allowed to bring nationalism to the boards while "Ban Stick" is banning other members for apparently nothing compared to this disgusting rant of yours.

Is Ban Stick Mexican?
    you and the TS should be banned for mentioning race, if you go by the rule verbatim

Comment

I'm half Mexican and Dominican and I scored it 116-111 for No Doubt. Canelo ran in the 12th. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
        you and the TS should be banned for mentioning race, if you go by the rule verbatim
        You're insinuating that I'm being racist. Excuse me, in what, way, shape, or form have I been derogatory to any race or culture in this thread?

Please stop with the personal attacks...

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
          I'm half Mexican and Dominican and I scored it 116-111 for No Doubt. Canelo ran in the 12th. Disgusting.
          Thank you for your honesty and helping to protect the integrity of the sport...

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
            Tonight, we witnessed a complete robbery in the ring. According to Texas State Athletic Commission rules, scores are publicly announced after 4 rounds. After those 4 rounds, all judges sickeningly had Canelo ahead despite Trout being more active and landing more punches.

Trout knew a robbery was coming after the 4th round and became more reckless, which probably made him more open to Canelo's offense later in the fight.

Look at these scores and explain to me how these scores reflect Boxing Justice??

Christodoulou- 118-109

Shellenberger- 116-111

Danseco- 115-112

Now, will you Canelo and/or Mexican fans speak up for Trout in the name of a sport that you love OR let blind nationalism and/or fanaticism shield you from the robbery that occurred tonight????
            I stated before this fight Trout might get robbed, because the fight was in Texas. That said, it was a close fight. Neither fighter really dominated the other. I'm sorry, but Trout never landed anything big and Canelo was fighting in spurts like he always does. It was basically a s**t fight for as good as I thought it was going to be. I lost a lot of points betting on Trout, but I'm cool with Canelo winning. I'm not cool with the judges that had it ridiculously wide.

Comment

I can't see how you can be so ADAMANT that Canelo won. Based on what?

How can you explain/justify those scores??
              Every punch worth a damn that was landed in this fight was landed by Canelo. In nearly every round, I would rather have been Canelo.

Comment

I'm not being a hater. I just want to protect the integrity of the sport. Trout was the busier fighter and did land more. With these factors, how can those official scores be justified?

There's also a bit of incoherence in your argument. First, you state that Trout missed a lot. To miss is to miss ENTIRELY and hit air. Then, you state that he did land, but THEY were pittypat shots and jabs. Isn't this contradictory to missing a shot? If you miss, YOU MISS. If you land, YOU LAND. Which one is it?

How can you OBJECTIVELY quantify what constitutes a pittypat shot or jab? Did you actually feel those shots through mental telepathy or something?

Again, this argument of yours is nothing but BIAS...

No offense but don't act like your slow.....

1. Trout missed a lot

2. When he did land they were jabs and pitty pat shots.

You act like I said Trout missed ever time he threw. That's not even close to saying he missed a lot, which after making it home and watching the replay....compubox/punch stat confirmed what I saw live and in person.

BTW....the **** can I be biased when I was rocking a Trout shirt during the fight. I'll post a pic just to shut you up if you like.

Comment

Like I told another poster in this thread, Trout's reaction is probably indicative of his Christian faith, which seemed obvious due to the crucifixes he had on his trunks and fight robe. He simply turned the other cheek in this situation...

I usually don't like to refer to Compubox to reinforce any of my arguments for the main fact that they can easily be manipulated as well because, contrary to the name, a computer isn't the one determining what punches land or don't land. A human who can be open to manipulation or error can skew the results. In addition, Compubox doesn't fully encompass the subtle nuances in a fight.

But if I am going to entertain your argument based on Compubox alone, Trout should be the winner according to your logic because he landed more in totality.

Again, given your logic based on Compubox stats, how do you explain/justify those official scores given?
                  If he's christian then he will tell the truth. Did you see his wifes face she knew he lost too. He landed more jab and they were pitty pat ones. Canelo landed the more crisp punches. Even the WBa official had canelo winning by the highest margin. I dont see how you guys think trout "outboxed" canelo when clearly it was the opposite.

Comment

Like I told another poster in this thread, Trout's reaction is probably indicative of his Christian faith, which seemed obvious due to the crucifixes he had on his trunks and fight robe. He simply turned the other cheek in this situation...
                    You know what, I think you're right. There's also two more aspects to this: money and politics.

Trout is not ******, he knows not to burn his bridges. This is by far his biggest fight in his career, he is in his prime, he gained new fans (Americans and Mexicans), when he beat Cotto and put his name on the map. By claiming robbery in front of thousands of (Mexican) Canelo fans, officials and judges would not help his future in boxing. Can you imagine how his hometown (with the majority being Mexicans) would treat him if he shouted "robbery!"? He is already well-liked in his hometown. No need to damage that image.

He did the right thing while the rest of us only can look at this in disgust and with our heads shaking (but what is new - it's Texas). Trout took the loss well, the bridges are still intact, and hopefully he will have more big fights in the future - or better yet, a rematch with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      I stated before this fight Trout might get robbed, because the fight was in Texas. That said, it was a close fight. Neither fighter really dominated the other. I'm sorry, but Trout never landed anything big and Canelo was fighting in spurts like he always does. It was basically a s**t fight for as good as I thought it was going to be. I lost a lot of points betting on Trout, but I'm cool with Canelo winning. I'm not cool with the judges that had it ridiculously wide.
                      Look, it's a sad day in Boxing when we expect a robbery when a fight occurs in certain location.

Trout was the busier fighter and displayed Ring Generalship by putting Canelo in positions he didn't initiate himself.

You do admit that the judges' score were awful. How can you not make the logical leap that it was a robbery then?

Comment

Working...
                      X