Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MEXICAN and/or CANELO fans STAND UP FOR BOXING JUSTICE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
    No offense but don't act like your slow.....

1. Trout missed a lot

2. When he did land they were jabs and pitty pat shots.

You act like I said Trout missed ever time he threw. That's not even close to saying he missed a lot, which after making it home and watching the replay....compubox/punch stat confirmed what I saw live and in person.

BTW....the **** can I be biased when I was rocking a Trout shirt during the fight. I'll post a pic just to shut you up if you like.
    Damn man, if you are a true Trout fan, it's simply amazing how you are taking this in stride. Maybe the Canelo-leaning crowd affected your final opinion? Just throwing that out there...

Based on your argument predicated upon Compubox stats, Trout landed more statistically and was statistically busier. Given these statistics, how can you agree with those official scores??? Doesn't this scream robbery?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      If he's ********* then he will tell the truth. Did you see his wifes face she knew he lost too. He landed more jab and they were pitty pat ones. Canelo landed the more crisp punches. Even the WBa official had canelo winning by the highest margin. I dont see how you guys think trout "outboxed" canelo when clearly it was the opposite.
      You're completely misinterpreting ********* theology and philosophy my friend. *********ity is based on the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ literally displayed his "turn the other cheek" philosophy when he did not speak out against Pontius Pilate when he was accused of his supposed "crimes". This led to his eventual crucifixion.

Likewise, maybe Trout was emulating this act by Christ by not speaking out against the injustice that happened to him. He was simply bearing his Cross like Christ did.

Back to Boxing, Trout landed more and was busier. Sure, Canelo may have landed the more "meaningful" shots, but that's expected because he's more powerful. Even though he landed less, the shots he did score were harder because that's indicative of his style...

All officials, regardless of affiliation, committed a robbery tonight...

Comment

I think it depends on who you give the 11th to. If you give it to Canelo he wins by a point and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by KhalidAMuhammad View Post
          Every punch worth a damn that was landed in this fight was landed by Canelo. In nearly every round, I would rather have been Canelo.
          Again, this response doesn't explain the official scores. It seems that you've seceded to the argument that Trout landed more and was busier. However, you try to justify this by saying that Canelo landed the harder punches.

This justification still doesn't explain the robbery. Even though Canelo landed less, the shots he does land are going to be harder because he is the more powerful puncher. Everyone knew that going into this bout.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
            You're completely misinterpreting ********* theology and philosophy my friend. *********ity is based on the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ literally displayed his "turn the other cheek" philosophy when he did not speak out against Pontius Pilate when he was accused of his supposed "crimes". This led to his eventual crucifixion.

Likewise, maybe Trout was emulating this act by Christ by not speaking out against the injustice that happened to him. He was simply bearing his Cross like Christ did.

Back to Boxing, Trout landed more and was busier. Sure, Canelo may have landed the more "meaningful" shots, but that's expected because he's more powerful. Even though he landed less, the shots he did score were harder because that's indicative of his style...

All officials, regardless of affiliation, committed a robbery tonight...
            oh ok excuse me scholar of *********ity. I cant read trout mind like you can i guess. I think you should rewatch the fight. trout didnt land as many punches as you think. Meaningful they were. He hurt trout like 4 times at least . Canelo was never hurt once

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
              You know what, I think you're right. There's also two more aspects to this: money and politics.

Trout is not stupid, he knows not to burn his bridges. This is by far his biggest fight in his career, he is in his prime, he gained new fans (Americans and Mexicans), when he beat Cotto and put his name on the map. By claiming robbery in front of thousands of (Mexican) Canelo fans, officials and judges would not help his future in boxing. Can you imagine how his hometown (with the majority being Mexicans) would treat him if he shouted "robbery!"? He is already well-liked in his hometown. No need to damage that image.

He did the right thing while the rest of us only can look at this in disgust and with our heads shaking (but what is new - it's Texas). Trout took the loss well, the bridges are still intact, and hopefully he will have more big fights in the future - or better yet, a rematch with Canelo.
              Very good points. Trout was nothing but class during the post-fight interviews...

Comment

As a Mexican I can tell you it was much closer than the judges scored it. But, the right man won, and beat a slick southpaw at a game that he wasn't supposed to. This kid is 22 and showed he is capable of a versatility in the ring we haven't seen against a top notch fighter. Trout is the ****ing man, but Canelo just picked his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  oh ok excuse me scholar of *********ity. I cant read trout mind like you can i guess. I think you should rewatch the fight. trout didnt land as many punches as you think. Meaningful they were. He hurt trout like 4 times at least . Canelo was never hurt once
                  I'm not reading his mind. I'm simply responding to your analysis on how Trout's ********* faith could have played a role in his surprising non-reaction to the bout.

Again, he was busier and landed more according other posters' references to Compubox. Sure, we all admit that Canelo does hit harder, but it still doesn't explain the crazy official scores.

Again, like I said, Canelo may have landed LESS, but the shots he did land were harder because that's part of his overall MO.

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
                    As a Mexican I can tell you it was much closer than the judges scored it. But, the right man won, and beat a slick southpaw at a game that he wasn't supposed to. This kid is 22 and showed he is capable of a versatility in the ring we haven't seen against a top notch fighter. Trout is the ****ing man, but Canelo just picked his pocket.
                    I cannot, in all good faith, agree with your assessment that the right man won.

You do admit that the judges scored it awfully. Doesn't this, ALONE, scream robbery to you??

Canelo's youthful stardom shouldn't have influence on the outcome of ANY fight. Fights should be scored FAIRLY!

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
                      Damn man, if you are a true Trout fan, it's simply amazing how you are taking this in stride. Maybe the Canelo-leaning crowd affected your final opinion? Just throwing that out there...

Based on your argument predicated upon Compubox stats, Trout landed more statistically and was statistically busier. Given these statistics, how can you agree with those official scores??? Doesn't this scream robbery?
                      I'm not here to bash you and if you felt he (trout) won....fine.

Also I didn't see any punch stats until after I got home. Sure they showed them on the main screen after the fight, but I really didn't pay attention to them, nor did I use them to base my opinion on who won the fight.

Secondly, I have been to tons of fights and I never let the crowd influence my opinion on scoring a fight. Now I am by no means a bert sugar or boxing guru, but being that I have followed the sport since I was 5, I know what to look for in scoring a fight.

BTW, just to show that I'm not on some b.s., here is a pic of the shirt I was rocking during the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X