Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali degrading joe frazier during the civil rights era.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
    yet ali turned his back on malcolm x. Try again. Ali had no morals because he was an elementary school dropout.
    No he didn't.. He never once turned his back on Malcolm X. When the Islam Devils forced X out of the club.. Ali said I'll go to Africa with you Malcolm. and he did .Everyone saw him.. Pictures were taken.. Proof was there. Islam threatened Ali but Ali stick with Malcolm .When X died.. everyone saw Ali crying and he was extremely emotional. He knew who did it too and he wanted to go kill those murderers but Bundini held on to him and said no Muhammad think about the greater good. Muhammad was so enraged because guys like Terrell will call him Clay. Joe always called him Clay and Muhammad was mad cuz of that.

Comment

So explain why frazier still felt resentment towards ali until his death? Even on the hbo documentary his brother was playing his voicemail which was disparaging ali, and saying how joe never let it go. Explain that.
      That might have been true, but he has stated otherwise a lot of time. Regardless, why bring this up? It's pointless. Ali apologized loads of times. He was a young, stupid man when he said all of that and everybody knows he had deep respect for Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        That might have been true, but he has stated otherwise a lot of time. Regardless, why bring this up? It's pointless. Ali apologized loads of times. He was a young, stupid man when he said all of that and everybody knows he had deep respect for Frazier.
        The only way young is an excuse is if you buy that ali was ignorant, which would go against everything people say about him, but agrees with what i say about him. Ali was CLEARLY ignorant and easily manipulated.

Comment

Originally posted by NatashaNatasha View Post
          No he didn't.. He never once turned his back on Malcolm X. When the Islam Devils forced X out of the club.. Ali said I'll go to Africa with you Malcolm. and he did .Everyone saw him.. Pictures were taken.. Proof was there. Islam threatened Ali but Ali stick with Malcolm .When X died.. everyone saw Ali crying and he was extremely emotional. He knew who did it too and he wanted to go kill those murderers but Bundini held on to him and said no Muhammad think about the greater good. Muhammad was so enraged because guys like Terrell will call him Clay. Joe always called him Clay and Muhammad was mad cuz of that.
          Ali did turn his back on malcolm. Malcolm introduced him to the NOI, to islam, and ali chose others over the man who showed him the way to live his life. That is exactly turning your back on someone. Ali could have still practiced his faith, just like malcolm did, but he left the man who brought him into it, that's turning your back. Ali was just an ignorant and disloyal man.

Comment

The only way young is an excuse is if you buy that ali was ignorant, which would go against everything people say about him, but agrees with what i say about him. Ali was CLEARLY ignorant and easily manipulated.
            Here is a poem Ali wrote.

“Friendship is a priceless gift that cannot be bought nor sold.
            But, its value is far greater than a mountain made of gold.
            For gold is cold and lifeless, it can neither see nor hear.
            In time of trouble its powerless to cheer.
            Gold has no ears to listen, no heart to understand.
            It cannot bring you comfort or reach out a helping hand.
            So, when you ask God for a gift, be thankful if He sends,
            not pearls, diamonds, or riches but, the love of real true friends.”

Comment

Dude you can hate on Ali all you want, but you're not dragging me with you.

Comment

I honestly believe he wanted to just sell the fights, he made Frazier rich and famous and despite the wars he loved Joe like a brother. When he heard of his death he was broken and refused to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Ali was simply stating his opinion, maybe a little selling, but you do realize he as Cassius Clay then turned Muhammad Ali are two different beings.
                  please. call him an uncle tom and turning black America against dude.

Comment

Yep. if it was Floyd doing it these same cats would hate Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      I honestly believe he wanted to just sell the fights, he made Frazier rich and famous and despite the wars he loved Joe like a brother. When he heard of his death he was broken and refused to believe it.
                      Joe never got over the **** Ali did to him. Even helped Ali financially. What Ali did was messed up. Floyd couldnt touch Ali. Yes, Ali was young and ignorant too. funny how yall tryign to paint a different picture from what it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X