Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali degrading joe frazier during the civil rights era.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali degrading joe frazier during the civil rights era.

It would be horrible during any time, but ali degrading frazier with racial names during the civil rights era made it worse. I feel as though you cant respect ali as a man, especially since he wasn't man enough to apologize to frazier man to man, but instead apologized to frazier's child, hoping he would spread the message to his father.

Ali was simply stating his opinion, maybe a little selling, but you do realize he as Cassius Clay then turned Muhammad Ali are two different beings.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
      It would be horrible during any time, but ali degrading frazier with racial names during the civil rights era made it worse. I feel as though you cant respect ali as a man, especially since he wasn't man enough to apologize to frazier man to man, but instead apologized to frazier's child, hoping he would spread the message to his father.
      What names how bad were they and does it count since Ali is also African American!?
      Last edited by AlexKid; 04-19-2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Living in those times in America were much different today. If I was a white man during Ali's prime time and hearing him banter about the white man.. I'm not sure how I would take it, especially if I wasn't a boxing fan, but a politician.

The Nation of Islam was an interesting group.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
          Ali and Frazier made up after Manilla, where both broke down in tears after Ali apologized. This has been noted by many journalists and was also in ESPNs sports century with Joe Frazier.

Further down the line in "Champions Forever" Ali said: "Joe Frazier is my brother, and I love him"

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Ali and Frazier made up after Manilla, where both broke down in tears after Ali apologized. This has been noted by many journalists and was also in ESPNs sports century with Joe Frazier.

Further down the line in "Champions Forever" Ali said: "Joe Frazier is my brother, and I love him"
            So explain why frazier still felt resentment towards ali until his death? Even on the hbo documentary his brother was playing his voicemail which was disparaging ali, and saying how joe never let it go. Explain that.

Comment

Yeah that was pretty disgusting on Ali's part and showed how ****ty of a person he was at that time.

I hate when a African american throws another African american under the bus for no apparent reason. I can see hyping a fight, but Ali was a POS for a lot of his statements and comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                Yeah that was pretty disgusting on Ali's part and showed how ****ty of a person he was at that time.

I hate when a African american throws another African american under the bus for no apparent reason. I can see hyping a fight, but Ali was a POS for a lot of his statements and comments.
                If only that wasn't bad enough, but frazier supported him like his own child when he was suspended lol.

Comment

Ali wasn't an 'African American' in the sense Frazier was though. Ali was always part of the Islam/Malcolm X mindset.. They were dreaming of a united super Africa. Real G Stuff.
                  They wanted to migrate back to Africa and Ali loved Africa more than he loved America. He spend a lot of time there. Ali was a true hero.

One of his greatest quotes was when he saw black pilots and they were speaking in French/German/and a variety of other languages.

Ali said 'Damn look at this, America want us to think Africans are dumb.. but they speak Spanish, they speak English, they speak French, they speak German.. Hell American's can't even speak English right'""

"

When Ali walked off the plane in Zaire.. everyone was shouting Ali Bomaye Ali Bomaye.. Ali Bomaye. Ali bomaye. Muhammad Ali is the boxing Malcolm X. Malcolm was his blood brother, Ali never knew any of Martin Luther King's stuff. He never cared. Malcolm was Ali's brother and they could have gone on to accomplish great things if the devils didn't kill Malcolm.

Ali/Malcolm X/ Sam Cooke was the original Panther 3. They were the triangle of Darkness. It was a huge government conspiracy to kill all 3.

There is a reason Sam Cooke and Malcolm X were killed in their primes. It was the government. Ali was too hard to get to though so they had to drug him and replace his trusted team with spies so they force him to fight well beyond his years . which led to Parkinsons. These scum bags laugh every day at the fact Malcolm and Sam Cooke died and how Ali lost his ability to talk.

It's fine though because Malcolm and Sam Cooke looking down form the Heavens and they proud of Muhammad and all that he achieved for boxing. When the great Ali finally passes, he'll find Frazier in Heaven again and if Joe haven't changed his mindset and beliefs . .Ali will once again call him out.

Comment

Originally posted by NatashaNatasha View Post
                    Ali wasn't an 'African American' in the sense Frazier was though. Ali was always part of the Islam/Malcolm X mindset.. They were dreaming of a united super Africa. Real G Stuff.
                    They wanted to migrate back to Africa and Ali loved Africa more than he loved America. He spend a lot of time there. Ali was a true hero.

One of his greatest quotes was when he saw black pilots and they were speaking in French/German/and a variety of other languages.

Ali said 'Damn look at this, America want us to think Africans are dumb.. but they speak Spanish, they speak English, they speak French, they speak German.. Hell American's can't even speak English right'""

"

When Ali walked off the plane in Zaire.. everyone was shouting Ali Bomaye Ali Bomaye.. Ali Bomaye. Ali bomaye. Muhammad Ali is the boxing Malcolm X. Malcolm was his blood brother, Ali never knew any of Martin Luther King's stuff. He never cared. Malcolm was Ali's brother and they could have gone on to accomplish great things if the devils didn't kill Malcolm.

Ali/Malcolm X/ Sam Cooke was the original Panther 3. They were the triangle of Darkness. It was a huge government conspiracy to kill all 3.

There is a reason Sam Cooke and Malcolm X were killed in their primes. It was the government. Ali was too hard to get to though so they had to drug him and replace his trusted team with spies so they force him to fight well beyond his years . which led to Parkinsons. These scum bags laugh every day at the fact Malcolm and Sam Cooke died and how Ali lost his ability to talk.

It's fine though because Malcolm and Sam Cooke looking down form the Heavens and they proud of Muhammad and all that he achieved for boxing. When the great Ali finally passes, he'll find Frazier in Heaven again and if Joe haven't changed his mindset and beliefs . .Ali will once again call him out.
                    yet ali turned his back on malcolm x. Try again. Ali had no morals because he was an elementary school dropout. 99%, if not 100% of what ali said was NOI fed. They had him say things, they used him to further their agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X