No announcement yet.

Public misconception about champ KO in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public misconception about champ KO in sparring

Ive been reading through lots and lots of these posts in the new thread abput broner getting knocked out in sparring, i realized that a lot of people thinks is pretty common for a world champion to get kd'ed or even ko'ed. I wantto clear up on this misconception, this is NOT the case, in fact it occurs very rarely. If ever i hear about a champion being beat up in sparring, its a very good indicator on where the fighters conditioning and mentalstate, a good example was that reports of Oscar Dela hoya getting black eyes in sparring before the pacquio fight, it was evident in the fight that Oscarhad lost before the first bell, broken mentally.

So if infact broner was knocked put in sparring, in raises several key questions like, where is he mentally right now, will this affect his natural fighthing style, will he fear the hogher weights and how good is his chin. Luckily he is facing malignaggi who will never knock him out in a million years.

I don't doubt broners ability in ring n his skil set......I think he's good fighter but what might be hurting him is all the partying n drinking this dude is doing....wayyyyyyyy over board which is why he , if it is true, got laid out by a young hungry prospect.

Comment

Getting ko in sparring ain't nothing to sneeze at. Idc what anyone says.

Comment

There's people out there who thought being KOed in sparring was common?
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-18-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Yeah.

But dey young doe.

Comment

Errol spence is a super welterweight and has been knocking dudes out in the ams with headgear on i wouldnt be suprised if its true. Theres no shame in getting koed by a bigger guy. I always thought broner would have it coming to him anyway

Comment

getting kd/ko in sparring is a big deal you clowns. you guys probably, actually definitely have never sparred before, thats evident.

champion of the world at a weight class vs WHO?! wearing WHAT GEAR?! laughable

Comment

It is not unheard of.

These guys put tons of rounds in sparring, it happens occasionally. People go down alot, not so much that they go out cold. Headgear gives a false sense of safety, you go out just as cold.

Comment

Broner probably caught a virus eating out that nasty stripper

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
                    Yea... mostly Bronards tho so their opinion don't count. Broner or Mayweather can go murder someone and they'll say its ok and find a way to make it sound ok.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X