No announcement yet.

Public misconception about champ KO in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I'm not acting like anything. You have this thing where you don't address the post-and address some point that isnt being made.

The point isnt whether broner got ko'd or not- if he did fine. It doesn't change his record, doesn't make him better/worse, and is not indicative to how he will perform in the ring during a fight.

I'm wondering, as I asked, why him being KO'd in sparring by a bigger guy has garnered so much attention on NSB.
    I actually meant to put "You all are" but I was being distracted at work. To answer your question, cause he's big man! He's winning! You should be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      These cats are still talkin like Broner was ko'd, lmao. Talking past tense, lmmfao!

You clowns still have no truth or confirmation that Broner was ko'd by Spence. All you have is anger over Broner's supposed racist comments.

Cry babies.
      lmfao!
      This fool got owned.
      Frank Ducketts
      Frank Sucketts a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Ive been reading through lots and lots of these posts in the new thread abput broner getting knocked out in sparring, i realized that a lot of people thinks is pretty common for a world champion to get kd'ed or even ko'ed. I wantto clear up on this misconception, this is NOT the case, in fact it occurs very rarely. If ever i hear about a champion being beat up in sparring, its a very good indicator on where the fighters conditioning and mentalstate, a good example was that reports of Oscar Dela hoya getting black eyes in sparring before the pacquio fight, it was evident in the fight that Oscarhad lost before the first bell, broken mentally.

So if infact broner was knocked put in sparring, in raises several key questions like, where is he mentally right now, will this affect his natural fighthing style, will he fear the hogher weights and how good is his chin. Luckily he is facing malignaggi who will never knock him out in a million years.
        I agree 100%...I c an understand maybe getting knocked down due to being off balance or something..but if he was knocked out its a huge issue. Definately a sense of vunerability sets in and his confidence will take a hit

Comment

Getting knocked out is never good

Getting knocked out in sparring is just downright bad. I highly doubt we'll see Broner at 147

Comment

broner has been even knocked down before in the AMs as well against

Comment

He's young doe.

Comment

No **** knockdowns from headshots in sparring are very rare much less knockouts. Thats very bad for someones confidence going into a fight. Body shot kds or ko's happen more. But ko's nah. Good thing broner is fighting malignaggi

Comment

Any publicity is good publicity. I guess there might be a good reason why he is jumping past the 140lb division.

Really though, no proof what actually happened. Lets see how he performs in his next bout. I personally don't really believe the rumour, seems unlikely they'd be going that hard sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                    you aint supposed to finish off a guy if they get hurt in sparring, so if Broner went down, it had to have been by one punch
                    Yessir! I realize that and with the big gloves usually used in sparring makes it, to me, very unlikely that this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      and i guarantee u sergio wasnt going all out. smh i dont think u know anything about sparring. if u think serg couldnt knock mathysse out if he wanted u clearly are just talking outta your ass
                      So assuming the rumor is true .. What makes you think spence was going all out ? Wouldn't that make it even worse ? If Spence was punching @ 75%.. add in the head gear and big gloves and Broner still gets ko'd... You don't think there is any significance to that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X