Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awkward moment at Mayweather gym with Roger Mayweather...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger has always had his limitations. Whenever Floyd Jr has been pressed in the ring all Roger said was 'whoop his damn as's. I also remember when Roger first trained Floyd, he called defensive fighting boring. Floyd went on to try and be all that offensive and he got bloodied big time.At that rate he wasn't going to last long. Floyd Sr is way better and more technical than Roger.Only reason Floyd ditched him was because he was such a perfectionist, he always found fault in what Floyd was doing and Floyd thought he was being treated like a kid.If he had stayed with Floyd Sr, he would have been way better than he is now. You saw how he fought in the Marquez fight, Mayweather Sr had been in camp for a bit of time with him and he boxed so well.This time around Guererro's gonna see stuff he hasn't seen and he might get knocked out.

Comment

I hope Roger gets better soon

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Roger must be in bad shape.

I don't think Mayweather would chose to work with his Dad over Roger unless he felt it was absolutely necessary.

Just look at the Ortiz build up and argument. It's clear who his loyalties are with.
        or he really knows his dad is the better trainer which is possible

Comment

Looks like Roger is getting blamed here because Floyd is getting older and losing his legs.

Another thing is SR was all chummy with shitty cent and Floyd needed to sweeten the deal to get his daddy back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Roger must be in bad shape.

I don't think Mayweather would chose to work with his Dad over Roger unless he felt it was absolutely necessary.

Just look at the Ortiz build up and argument. It's clear who his loyalties are with.
            well according to what this says, Floyd is going with his father because of him getting hit too much against Cotto, i.e. he wasn't being trained by his corner (his uncle) properly in that fight

there's some double speak here, one minute they say it's because of the cotto fight, the next they say it's because of his diabetes

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Roger has always had his limitations. Whenever Floyd Jr has been pressed in the ring all Roger said was 'whoop his damn as's. I also remember when Roger first trained Floyd, he called defensive fighting boring. Floyd went on to try and be all that offensive and he got bloodied big time.At that rate he wasn't going to last long. Floyd Sr is way better and more technical than Roger.Only reason Floyd ditched him was because he was such a perfectionist, he always found fault in what Floyd was doing and Floyd thought he was being treated like a kid.If he had stayed with Floyd Sr, he would have been way better than he is now. You saw how he fought in the Marquez fight, Mayweather Sr had been in camp for a bit of time with him and he boxed so well.This time around Guererro's gonna see stuff he hasn't seen and he might get knocked out.
              I remember him giving good advice against Castillo. Roger sensed the fight was close and urged Floyd to stand his ground and fight.

Comment

sounds like he believes his dad is the better in fight trainer nothing wrong with that mayweather is getting older now if you have no noticed he has changed alot and is not taking things for granted. roger is still working the mitts anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Oh boy. Here comes the most disgusting fanbase in all of sports to contribute to this thread with their scintillating commentary.
                  That would be floms by a mile...no class, just like their hero. Way to publicly humiliate the Uncle you love so much, Floyd. Shame about Roger's diabetes though, I hope he can find a way of getting on top of the condition to the point he can work normally. I think the guy lives and breathes boxing and would be lost without it.

Comment

Mayweather Sr. is an arrogant douche. It's no wonder why Floyd is the way he is.

Comment

Its hard to feel sorry for Roger after all these years of **** talking and one of the worst c o c k y attitudes and mouths in the boxing business. Just like James Toney, I can't stand that piece of crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X