Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Nonito blow his chance at being all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TR needs to make Nonit/Chris John happen in Asia thatd do well i think. not sure if Chris would go for that.....

Comment

I honestly don't think he has what it takes to be an atg. But this fight didn't change that. He needs to develop a better style because that spectacular knockout crap is not the way to go.

Comment

I would doubt Donaire will end his career as an ATG.

I think him being in the HOF is still in question.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
          the only all time great in that fight was rigo i hate people throwin around the word all time great but its hard to argue rigo will be an atg

you guys are either good trolls, or very slight. either way, i have learned to appreciate it.

Comment

mayweather: "if my career is based on 1 fight, why did i fight the other 42 for?"

Comment

IMO Nonito just showed that he was an incomplete boxer at this point. He can still be an ATG even if he doesn't learn to cut off the ring or be able to adapt to movement. Fact is he looked like **** the whole fight but if the 10th rd was a KO he would have been elevated even higher given he had lost 8 or 8 rounds prior.

Nonito is 30 but I think he can still learn the skills he doesn't necessarily have right now. He can comeback and beat good/great fighters.

If nonito beats mikey G/Gamboa/chris john and shows the ability to beat a Rigo style boxer he will surely go down as an ATG.

Its simply too early in his career to determine where he will be when its over.

Comment

losing such a lopsided decision is definitely bad right now, but if Nonito can rack up some great wins at 126 and 130, he can still reach ATG status... he gotta learn out to hold-n-hit like Ward though, so he can handle slick counterpunchers like Rigondo

Comment

Donaire did not blow his chance of being an ATG in this fight because realistically he had NO CHANCE of winning. That is very clear when watching the fight. He blew his chance of being an ATG by taking the fight and he deseves a lot of credit for being brave/stupid enough for taking it..

Comment

Donaire isnīt that good, all he had was a flashy style and power that worked well against the tiny men. Salido stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I would doubt Donaire will end his career as an ATG.

I think him being in the HOF is still in question.
                      i think donaire can still easily get into the HOF...i mean he's already a 3 weight world champion with some good wins .. if he can win a couple of belts at 126 (beat chris john and the winner of de leon vs mares) and move up to 130 and win a belt or two there then no doubt he should be HOF...

Comment

Working...
                      X