Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would anselmo moreno do against rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    No, really, it's nothing like Pernell Whitaker.

Pernell Whitaker would willingly fight inside on a regular basis.

By your own accord, Rigondeaux does not do that.
    Whitaker beat Buddy Mcgirt in the trenches and was one of the best body work men of his time. Ask Pineda. Rigo isn't much like Pea at all. Pea was a far more active offensive fighter.

Comment

No, really, it's nothing like Pernell Whitaker.

Pernell Whitaker would willingly fight inside on a regular basis.

By your own accord, Rigondeaux does not do that.
      Rigondeaux makes you pay for even thinking about coming in on him. Obviously Pernell does too, but his level of resistance isn't as great as Rigo's.

When you attempt to make it an inside fight, he's already caught you with the left hand, and fighters get hesitant, and don't play their game anymore. His skill level and power make it almost impossible for you to turn it into a brawl/inside fight. I guess what I'm getting at it is, I don't see anyone turning it into a war with him. He's too slick, fast and powerful for that.

I said defensively, he has an inside game like Pernell.

It's just that, with the combination of his counter punching, and power, no one even attempts it.
      Last edited by Tim2daresq; 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Whitaker beat Buddy Mcgirt in the trenches and was one of the best body work men of his time. Ask Pineda. Rigo isn't much like Pea at all. Pea was a far more active offensive fighter.
        Because he had to be. He didn't have the power to keep guys off him. Just becasue Rigo has power, doesn't mean he doesn't have an inside game.

So, we're discrediting Rigo, because he's too crafty to let you get in on him, and turn it into a brawl?

That only raises his boxing acumen 10 fold. Even Gamboa is criminally underrated in this department.

Doesn't even let Ponce land anything significant on him, but Broner goes life and death with him.

Difference between being too crafty, and physical limitations.
        Last edited by Tim2daresq; 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
          Rigondeaux makes you pay for even thinking about coming in on him. Obviously Pernell does too, but his level of resistance isn't great as Rigo's.

When you attempt to make it an inside fight, he's already caught you with the left hand, and fighters get hesitant, and don't play their game anymore. His skill level and power make it almost impossible for you to turn it into a brawl/inside fight. I guess what I'm getting at it is, I don't see anyone turning it into a war with him. He's too slick, fast and powerful for that.

I said defensively, he has an inside game like Pernell.

It's just that, with the combination of his counter punching, and power, no one even attempts it.
          What you're saying makes no sense.

You're saying Riongdeaux's inside game it not allowing his opponent to get inside ( Hilarious that you think that's an inside game ), and that he stops people from getting inside because he wants to keep it on the outside . That is NOT the case with Whitaker. Whitaker willingly took fights to the inside on a regular basis.

They are nothing alike in that regard. Even according to your own statments they are nothing alike.

Whitaker was happy and comfortable to be on the inside.

Comment

Because he had to be. He didn't have the power to keep guys off him. Just becasue Rigo has power, doesn't mean he doesn't have an inside game.

So, we're discrediting Rigo, because he's too crafty to let you get in on him, and turn it into a brawl?

That only raises his boxing acumen 10 fold. Even Gamboa is criminally underrated in this department.

Doesn't even let Ponce land anything significant on him, but Broner goes life and death with him.

Difference between being too crafty, and physical limitations.
            Who is discrediting Riondeaux? All that's being said is that he hasn't shown an inside game yet in his Pro career because he's been able and skilled enough to keep it on the outside and fight his fight.

No one is saying he doesn't have an inside game. Just that it's hasn't been seen yet because he hasn't had to use one so far.

Comment

What you're saying makes no sense.

You're saying Riongdeaux's inside game it not allowing his opponent to get inside ( Hilarious that you think that's an inside game ), and that he stops people from getting inside because he wants to keep it on the outside . That is NOT the case with Whitaker. Whitaker willingly took fights to the inside on a regular basis.

They are nothing alike in that regard. Even according to your own statments they are nothing alike.

Whitaker was happy and comfortable to be on the inside.
              So, Because Rigo doesn't allow you to get in on him, you're using some corny little laughing emoticon???

So, because Rigo is too slick, he's all of a sudden limited? When and if he fights Mares, you'll see. I have nothing more to say.

Now it's all of a sudden a bad thing to be crafty.....I've seen it all.

Comment

I think Rigondeaux to fast for Moreno beats him by decision.

Comment

Who is discrediting Riondeaux? All that's being said is that he hasn't shown an inside game yet in his Pro career because he's been able and skilled enough to keep it on the outside and fight his fight.

No one is saying he doesn't have an inside game. Just that it's hasn't been seen yet because he hasn't had to use one so far.
                  Watch his fight with Cordoba. He is pressing the issue for the majority of the fight. He gets in on you, lands his combos, then gets back out. Boxing 101.

So you're saying, because he didn't stand in the trenches, and allow himself to get hit, that shows his lack of an inside game? I think you got it twisted buddy. You don't fight on the inside until you have to, or because that's the only way you can win a certain fight.

So, because he's showing a high ring IQ, and being smart in the ring, it proves that he has no inside game?

Just wait til he fights Mares, if he fights Mares. Can't wait for you to eat your words.

Comment

He's saying an inside game isn't just all offense. He can be on the inside and not get hit...thus "beating" you with defense on the inside. Defense on the inside is arguably what MAKES a good inside fighter good. If you just eat a ton of shots but are able to land inside doesnt mean you hav a good inside game. He hasnt had to fight while inside... he makes them step back and reset or he'll throw to the body and spin you. I think thats what he means anyway in which case i'd agree.

Comment

So, Because Rigo doesn't allow you to get in on him, you're using some corny little laughing emoticon???

So, because Rigo is too slick, he's all of a sudden limited? When and if he fights Mares, you'll see. I have nothing more to say.

Now it's all of a sudden a bad thing to be crafty.....I've seen it all.
                      Once again, where are you getting this from my post?

Where have I said Rigondeaux is limited? Quote where I have said in this thread or any thread for that matter?

I'm laughing at you because you think that because Riongdeaux keeps fights on the outside that that is an inside game Not because he does that. The fact he can do that is exceptional.

Watch his fight with Cordoba. He is pressing the issue for the majority of the fight. He gets in on you, lands his combos, then gets back out. Boxing 101.

So you're saying, because he didn't stand in the trenches, and allow himself to get hit, that shows his lack of an inside game? I think you got it twisted buddy. You don't fight on the inside until you have to, or because that's the only way you can win a certain fight.

So, because he's showing a high ring IQ, and being smart in the ring, it proves that he has no inside game?

Just wait til he fights Mares, if he fights Mares. Can't wait for you to eat your words.
                      No, I am NOT saying that. How many times do I have to say this. How can I make it more simple for you?

I'm saying, that he hasn't SHOWN an inside game, yet. Because he's skilled enough to keep it on the outside and fight his fight. I'm NOT saying Rigondeaux DOESN'T have an inside game. Just that he's yet to show one. Do the capitals help make it clearer for you?

"You don't fight on the inside unless you have to" Are you serious? You can't be serious. Really, you can't be serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X