Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Marquez deserve a 50/50 split with Pacquiao? [Poll]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first I dont believe 50% stand by Marquez is ducking, what I believe team Marquez is pricing itself out a mistake they already made before, I want Pac to have another crack with JMM, if it is me I would buy that crack with the 50% but in reality boxing is a business and this issue wont be resolve with a 50-50 split, imho 60-40 should do it...

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      I watch the Diaz/Marquez live and there were long rows of seats that were unoccupied here and there. I'm not dissing Marquez. Numbers don't lie.
      That was before Marquez moved up and gave PAC hell once again though.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        I watch the Diaz/Marquez live and there were long rows of seats that were unoccupied here and there. I'm not dissing Marquez. Numbers don't lie.
        To JMM credit he did IMO gain more of a fan base each time after his wins and losses with Manny. With this KO win it shook the boxing planet . Im sure more JMM fans will tune in and his new fans will as well.
        Also if this is JMM last fight before retirement that will be a draw as well for him. Pac fans will be insane in support of Manny to avenge the loss and show support. 50/50 to take the fight is reasonable.

Comment

Absolutely........

Comment

After all the closely competitive rounds Juan came out with the most devasting one, he earned the money!!
            Why not a 40/40 deal with the winner picking up the top "slice of the pie"!!
            Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              After all the closely competitive rounds Juan came out with the most devasting one, he earned the money!!
              Why not a 40/40 deal with the winner picking up the top "slice of the pie"!!
              Ray.
              novel ... i like.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                first I dont believe 50% stand by Marquez is ducking, what I believe team Marquez is pricing itself out a mistake they already made before, I want Pac to have another crack with JMM, if it is me I would buy that crack with the 50% but in reality boxing is a business and this issue wont be resolve with a 50-50 split, imho 60-40 should do it...
                id stay with 50/50...to make the fight happen. Im with you...if it will assure another crack at it then so be it. After 4 fights the on even grounds and great fights at that...Both deserve it IMO. Even if Manny is the ticket/PPV seller!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  People wouldn't even know who Marquez was besides the guy who drinks piss so hell no he doesn't deserve 50/50

This is a classic example of pricing yourself out to duck a fighter

Marquez should get at most $15 million
                  This is by far your most ******est post and there are many. Marquez was the guy chasing Pacman through different weight-classes for years. He also owns the clearest victory of the 4 peat. he can ask for what the **** ever he feels. He does not need the 5th fight, like at all.

Comment

50/50 on the purse is acceptable but Pac should take all the PPV money

Comment

Nope, not at all. I'm a big Marquez fan, but let's be real, both of these guys cant make this much money with anybody else besides themselves.

If anything, Marquez should get a few million more than he made in the recent fight, maybe another 3 million, but that's about it.

No matter how devastating that KO was, Manny's still worth more money than JMM. If you put JMM in against anybody else, he'll make no more than 3 or 4 million (maybe), while Pac on the other hand can still crack at least $20M.

Comment

Working...
                      X