No announcement yet.

How would Wladimir Klitsckho have faired in the 90's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Wladimir Klitsckho have faired in the 90's

I hear people saying how watered down the division is now,but when you look at the 90's i think a 6'6 240 pound boxer with fluid movement and a sledgehammer jab would be a nightmare.

Fighters like Riddick Bowe and Golota were called big heavyweights then and gave the smaller fighters trouble(well Tyson did destroy Golota.

But Wladimir is quicker then both of then and more powerful and i think he would be very succeseful in the 90's heavyweight division.

I would have love to see him in with Lennox Lewis while both were at their peeks,or against Holyfield,Foreman or a young Shannon Briggs.

Most of the morons on boxing scene (including the "writers") think that a guy who has owned the division for nearly a decade and 15 title defenses would lose to bottom top 10 guys (or worse) in every other era. Don't expect much in the way of nuanced evaluation from the mongoloids around here.

Comment

The current version of wlad would do very well however it took him a long time to get to this level. A lower standard of comp meant less brutal losses before he got there meaning he didn't quit ... after the last loss to brewster he almost left the game - vitali even told him to quit. Another loss like that around that time and he would have been done.

So basically the version of wlad that was getting beat by sanders and going life and death with Peter etc would be in trouble. I think also without manny steward he would never reach his current level. So basically I think he'd quit the game due to a few too many brutal losses.

BUT if you could magically stick the current version of wlad into the 90s it's a different story ... in a nutshell he'd do very well.
      Last edited by Daddy T; 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

The 90's was a good era but i don not understand how posters think a top Champion like Wladimir would not be a top fighter if not THE CHAMPION.

Sure he lost to Sanders,Brewer and Purity,but Lewis lost to Oliver McCall and Rahman,Holyfield lost to Micheal Moore and Bowe got his ass kicked by Golota 2 times.

So fighters lose but true champions come back stronger and that is what Wladimir did and he is undefeated for almost a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by rico ward View Post
          I hear people saying how watered down the division is now,but when you look at the 90's i think a 6'6 240 pound boxer with fluid movement and a sledgehammer jab would be a nightmare.

Fighters like Riddick Bowe and Golota were called big heavyweights then and gave the smaller fighters trouble(well Tyson did destroy Golota.

But Wladimir is quicker then both of then and more powerful and i think he would be very succeseful in the 90's heavyweight division.

I would have love to see him in with Lennox Lewis while both were at their peeks,or against Holyfield,Foreman or a young Shannon Briggs.
          why would you love to see Wlad get KOed early in consecutive matches? that's cruel.

have you ever wondered why you have to keep writing ' I would love to have seen him against fighters at their peak?'

Surely by now you must know that Wlad faces them when they are shot2****, and then fights fatboys the rest of the time.

Wlad could win the unwanted WBO title for a while in the 90s as long as he avoided unification (tailormade title for him then), nothing more than that.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 04-10-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

He got stopped in the 90s didn't he?

Comment

The Klitschkos clean out the 90s. Only Lummox would be trouble, obviously.

Comment

The 90's was a good era but i don not understand how posters think a top Champion like Wladimir would not be a top fighter if not THE CHAMPION.

Sure he lost to Sanders,Brewer and Purity,but Lewis lost to Oliver McCall and Rahman,Holyfield lost to Micheal Moore and Bowe got his ass kicked by Golota 2 times.

So fighters lose but true champions come back stronger and that is what Wladimir did and he is undefeated for almost a decade.
                Since when did Moore and Golota become bums?

Comment

You don't understand it? Well let me put it to you this way: Who has Wlad beaten to make you think he could hang with the likes of Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Ruddock, Tyson, Vitali etc?

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a top contender, he probably would. But HWs in 90s are a completely different specimen than HWs in the 00's and 10's. Wlad would lose to Lennox all day long, so he def wouldn't be champion. But a top contender - of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    The Klitschkos clean out the 90s. Only Lummox would be trouble, obviously.
                    so they wouldn't clean out, is what you actually mean.

Comment

Working...
                    X