Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout is almost a 2-1 betting underdog vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how bookies make their profit by dishing out tempting odds and suckering people in, that isn't to say I don't think Trout can't win.

I'm on the fence for this fight though with the odds I'll likely have a small flutter on Trout and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      You're putting too much emphasis on "paper results". Style matchups are also very important. Canelo is clearly very skilled. Donaire has beaten much better fighters then Rigo but the odds are almost the same as in this fight, for Donaire tho. Trouts best bet is to catch canelo or have canelo gas IMO
      A. Style wise, Canelo is closer to Cotto in style than pretty much anyone else in the top 10 at 154.

B. Rigondeaux has never, ever beaten a Cotto equivalent as a pro, so I don't know how you're gonna compare him to Trout as an underdog. Donaire has an insanely superior pro resume compared to Rigo. You can't say the same about Canelo and Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        This is how bookies make their profit by dishing out tempting odds and suckering people in, that isn't to say I don't think Trout can't win.

I'm on the fence for this fight though with the odds I'll likely have a small flutter on Trout and hope for the best.
        Bookies adjust their odds according to who is betting on what. Which means if the majority of mexican fans who don't know much about Trout and love Canelo bet heavy on him, and no one really bets Trout, Canelo becomes a bigger favorite in books regardless of who boxing and betting experts actually think will win. That is what makes Trout appealing. He is flying under the radar

Comment

All my points on trout tbh. Canelo has never fought a fighter like trout. A big African American southpaw coming off a good win against a good Jr middle weight. Canelo has no head movement and a untested chin. Does canelo even have a jab to get inside? All the signs are pointed towards a trout ud tbh unless he gets robbed which is a high possiblity.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Smooth View Post
            All my points on trout tbh. Canelo has never fought a fighter like trout. A big African American southpaw coming off a good win against a good Jr middle weight. Canelo has no head movement and a untested chin. Does canelo even have a jab to get inside? All the signs are pointed towards a trout ud tbh unless he gets robbed which is a high possiblity.

I've been thinking along the same lines actually, I don't think he has the footwork to get in range either myself. He seems terribly flat footed to me.

I'm going to have to watch more of both guys admittedly but the more I think about it I'm thinking this guy seems pretty made for Trout. If he can get inside its a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
              A. Style wise, Canelo is closer to Cotto in style than pretty much anyone else in the top 10 at 154.
              I dont know about that. Cotto was too small for 154, and it showed against trout. But he still did pretty well against him before he gassed around the 8th rounds. Canelo is bigger, stronger and faster, a full blown SWW
              B. Rigondeaux has never, ever beaten a Cotto equivalent as a pro, so I don't know how you're gonna compare him to Trout as an underdog. Donaire has an insanely superior pro resume compared to Rigo. You can't say the same about Canelo and Trout.
              The point im making is that while rigo hasnt beaten anyone, he is still only a 2-1 underdog due to his potential and style

Comment

he should be a 20-1 underdog, kid is getting KO'd

Comment

trout going NIGHT NIGHT

Comment

i like the odds for rigondeaux against donaire better. i'm probably puttung a few bucks down for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
                      In my opinion, you're not going to get better odds in a big fight than this(+180) for a fighter who should be, at the least, even money against Alvarez. No one on Canelo's resume comes close to the big name on Trout's resume (Miguel Cotto). And the way he outboxed Cotto, who is alot like Canelo in many ways, is what sells me on the fact that he should win this fight 8-4, 9-3 in rds. If you have a brain, bet Austin Trout to win.

Any one else wanna share their unbiased opinion? I'm not a fan of either, but I like both. I just think the edge has to go to Austin.
                      Basing predictions on who's won against the more popular/better fighter is a recipe for failure. Who did Mayweather win against before Genaro Hernandez? Who did Pacquiao win against Sasakul or MA Barrera? Bradley before Witter? Ward before Kessler? Donaire before Darchinyan? And we can go on, mentioning every fighter, past, present, and future.

Canelo is a top fighter that hasn't faced the requisite opposition to be considered one. Trout is a solid boxer, but I project Alvarez to be a higher caliber fighter that also should be able to handle Austin's style.

Betting on Trout (particularly on a prop bet to win by decision) isn't a dumb bet; I would ponder on hedging my bet with it. I think though that Canelo is going to win decisively.

Comment

Working...
                      X