Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Beat Cotto More Convincingly - Mayweather or Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Beat Cotto More Convincingly - Mayweather or Trout?

Both Mayweather and Trout defeated Cotto but who had the more clear and convincing victory over him?
    Mayweather
    44.86%
    Trout
    36.45%
    Both, equally
    18.69%

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Both Mayweather and Trout defeated Cotto but who had the more clear and convincing victory over him?
    Cotto is credited by too many people for having stretches of ineffective aggression against Floyd.

Trout took more power punches from Cotto while moving a **** ton compared to Floyd. Floyd mostly got hit by jabs.

Trout was unable to hurt Cotto like Floyd did despite having a big size advantage.

Comment

Mayweather, clearly.

I had Mayweather winning 117-111, while I had Cotto-Trout even after 8 rounds....Trout then took 3 of the final 4.

Comment

IIRC they both had a lot of close rounds.

Comment

Mayweather. He punched Cotto very accurate from 1-12. Mayweather hurt Cotto in the 12 which surprise me alot. I had the fight 116-112 Mayweather.

Trout on the other hand, He beat Cotto but it was way more closer than the idiots judges had it. They both had their moments but Trout Took 2 of the last 3 rounds. sealing his 115-113 victory over Cotto. I don't see how can you score it other wise. But somebody could make a really strong case for a 116-112 victory.

Comment

obviously mayweather.

he wasnt in complete control until the latter parts of the fight, but he was in control all night. cotto gets too much credit for being aggressive without getting much of anything done. there wasnt a moment when mayweather wasnt 100% confident and comfortable, he was just biding his time trying to figure out how he could take complete control which he eventually did.

trout on the other hand had real struggles. he got hit with a lot more, especially with power shots and landed a lot less. he took more and dished out less damage than mayweather did. he lost far more rounds and struggled a lot more to win the rounds he did get. floyd was winning rounds without coming out of first gear and he only lost like 2-3 rounds all in all. trout-cotto was close until trout pulled ahead in the last couple of rounds, the outcome was still in question until the last round. the outcome was hardly ever in question in th mayweather-cotto fight, cotto was clearly beat, he just did better than most ppl expected.

Comment

I voted they both beat him by an the same amount. They both were clear and convincing winners. The score cards were almost exactly the same and both Mayweather and Trout won by an average of about 7 points on all three judge's cards. Those are very one sided wins. Trout outpointed Cotto by a mile in the Garden and that's Cotto country.

Comment

Floyd.I had 118-110.

Comment

Mayweather easily

Cotto ate so many right hands I thought Mayweather might drop him. Cotto literally has no defense against a right hand lead, its like he's blind on his left eye.

Cotto had some success to the body and with the jab, and put some pressure on Floyd, but was largely ineffective getting through his defense.

The Trout fight was close until trout took the later rounds.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Mayweather. People forget how tight Trout-Cotto was.

Comment

Working...
                    X