Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Martinez-Golovkin, Quillin, Alvarado-Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
    Come to think of it does Robert have any hit and movers in his stable of fighters?
    None really big names come to mind, Mikey Garcia maybe he knows when to back off but he never runs around the ring to time waste.
    Mikey was fighting a bit negatively against Salido, though he did put some serious leather on him. Garcia's stable is filled with ****ers.

Comment

Bias. That was not running and was nothing like ODLH/Trinidad. Definitely a team Rios guy because he just saw what he wanted too. Alvarado fought a very good fight and this writer and Garcia are trying to discredit him with the "running" BS. Do they really think that boxing is to be in the damn middle of the ring exchanging punches until one is KO? This is not a street fight, this is a sport with serious consequences.

Comment

What a crock of shiznit! Alvarado fought a great fight. He knew he couldn't out-slug Rios so he used every aspect of the sweet science to school Rios. Why take that away from him. It's not like he didn't engage through out the fight.

The comparison to the DLH-Trinidad fight couldn't be any more disrespectful to Alvarado....SMH

Comment

Robert Morales - I think your calendar is running slow, Aprils fools day was Monday. This article was obviously intended to be a joke, right?

Comment

Anyway, this is good to hear.

"I see it as a great sign, actually" said Sanchez, who trains fighters out of his sprawling camp in Big Bear, California. "When we were in Monte Carlo, Lou DiBella was talking to Tom Loeffler about either later in the year or the first quarter of next year"; Sanchez said. "As long as they're talking, there is a possibility."
            Hopefully the Chavez fight falls apart.

Comment

Morales, why don't you cover MMA? Sweet Science = hit & NOT be hit.....

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Richar Abril laid the blueprint for how to beat Rios. If they want to call it running then I guess that's their prerogative.
              +1.....Yes, it's boxing, & you get hit, but seriously, who really wants to be hit more than they have to?

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              Not the best thing to see someone circling around the ring to avoid any engagement no matter what anyone says but I do agree its Rio's fault for not cutting off the ring he looked capable in first few rounds then it just slid off the hill from there on.
              Who avoided engagement?

Originally posted by Nyboxfan1 View Post
              Golovkin would be the biggest puncher he faced since Pavlik. I'm still not convinced of Quillens power.
              Me neither - he couldn't finish off N'Dam despite 6 KD's.....

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              Bias. That was not running and was nothing like ODLH/Trinidad. Definitely a team Rios guy because he just saw what he wanted too. Alvarado fought a very good fight and this writer and Garcia are trying to discredit him with the "running" BS. Do they really think that boxing is to be in the damn middle of the ring exchanging punches until one is KO? This is not a street fight, this is a sport with serious consequences.

Comment

Now I just about read it all. This writer has the nerve to hate on Alvarado for boxing? Is he really taking the glory from Alvarado because he didn't fight Rio's fight? He must have put it all on Rios. This has to be the ******est reason to hate on Alvarado. Just because he didn't stand there and let Rios beat up on him again. Dude wanted to win and made the adjustments needed to do it. Sore losers. The fight was still a good one.

Comment

Working...
                X