Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Matthew "Mack The Knife" Macklin vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will be very similar to the Sergio fight. Macklin will look to box more them fight and Golovkin will control him with his long hard jab and start catching him hard mid- late and then stop him

Comment

Macklin will have moments, but get overwhelmed and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Except Macklin is the "knife" so I think you have something mixed up.

Macklin shocks the world and catches Golovkin with a punch he doesn't see and drops him. Time stops and gravity ceases to exist as minds around the world struggle to redefine reality.
        Doubtful.

Macklin can punch but he doesn't have that kind of power.

Comment

Full credit to Macklin for stepping up. Hope he puts in a performance, he'll almost certainly get stopped in the end though.

Comment

golovkin beats him alot better and quicker than martinez did...

Comment

I see Macklin giving Golovkin some problems but Golovkin is def going to win this fight by TKO/KO. I am looking forward to it a lot though it will be a true measurement of where Golovkin is @ 160. I am starting to feel optimistic that Golovkin vs Martinez may happen seeing as how Golovkin will be working with Dibella for this fight.

Comment

I love it when a fighter stays on top of his game. With GGG fighting so much it won't be long before Martinez won't have a choice but to face him. Then we'll see if there will be a passing of the torch or will father time once again be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Except Macklin is the "knife" so I think you have something mixed up.

Macklin shocks the world and catches Golovkin with a punch he doesn't see and drops him. Time stops and gravity ceases to exist as minds around the world struggle to redefine reality.
                  Macklin should be the biggest puncher GGG has faced so if he catches Golovkin with a clean one, it will be interesting to see how Golovkin handles it.

I think Macklin will fight Golovkin a bit like he did Sergio. Part of the reason why he tried to box with Sergio was because he was cautious of his power. I see Macklin using lateral movement and trying to catch GGG coming in. I don't know at what tempo Golovkin will start the fight, but in most of his fights he's not usually a fast starter, but he is pretty good at cutting off the ring. Probably somewhere around the middle-rounds Macklin will get caught in the ropes and will probably tire as usual in the late rounds. I also suspect that if Macklin survives the middlerounds (I think he will) GGG will begin to tire and fight sloppy.

However, if I had to make a final predicion based on what I've seen from both fighters so far, I see Buddy McGirt or the ref stopping the fight around the 10th after Macklin gets dropped or badly hurt. Both guys' faces will probably look busted by the end of the fight. GGG's face will look worse than it did against Rosado and Macklin's face will probably look the way it did against Sergio.

Comment

I voted for GGG. When it comes to picking a winner in a fight at 160 with GGG. I always pick him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Doubtful.

Macklin can punch but he doesn't have that kind of power.
                      I couldn't let Matt "the Knife" Macklin go down without an ounce of support in the poll or thread, that's too depressing. This is boxing, where anything is possible; unlikely but possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X