Face/Jaw Shape a problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Lol, you mean he's a loser. 13 losses.

The most notable fight I remember him from was his bout with Pernell.

Could take hard shots to that block head.

lots of fighters have lots of losses. that doesn't mean that they're bad fighters. he'll be able to tell his grandkids about the time he had winky wright ready to go.

some of those argentines can take big shots.

Comment

You know Marvin Hagler doesn't have that large of a chin (it is a wide chin though) or wide jaw but he was impossible to knock out. Only hit the canvas once in his whole career and it looked like a slip but was ruled a knockdown.
      However I've also heard that he has a natural cushion of muscle enclosing his entire head (like a built in helmet). Freak. One of my favorites though.
      Hearns broke his hand on that skull.

Comment

Tuck your chin in. Hopkins does it very well and Rios when he remembers to do it

Comment

I've heard most coaches say that about the chin tucking. I find it weird that you don't see it more in the Pros. A lot of guys, even some of the best, don't keep it constantly tucked. I've been working on that though. But oh well, even if I don't have that natural granite chin and end up not being able to do anything besides train or maybe do some amateur competition I'd be happy just to learn. Boxing is amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X