Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Rigondeaux Short Training Footage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody needs to get that sparring footage. He was hitting that dude hard in the first video.

Hey is that Casamayor? I can't tell... Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

This is going to be such a fast technical fight, I for one can't wait for this. I want Rigo to win but I fear his chin won't be able to stand the speed and power of Donaire.

Comment

i missed the part where he was practicing how to beat the 10 count

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
          I remember watching Margs preparing for Pacquiao. He looked amazing, but we all know what happened fight night..
          Agreed. But someone recently posted a video of Donaire training and gushed about how Nonito was gonna destroy Rigo based on how he looked in training. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
            If someone looks bad in a training video it helps, but when they look good, you can't really say they will win if you know what I mean. There's still that favourite of his do they do when they get hit, and as fast as Rigo is, he will get hit. He is too open and unless he charges style, will come forward hard to land and will get hit.

well, there are two ppl in a fight so even if one fighter looks good the other might look great. we dont know exactly what donaire brings to the table but having seen rigo train we know he will be ready and that still says a lot.

training always means a whole lot too, fights are won in the gym. rigi is prepared to win, donaire betetr be on top of his game to stop him.

rigo isnt open at all either, he relies more on footwork and headmovement for defense than blocking and parrying. its more difficult to master but its more difficult to solve too. donaire always struggled with movement so how he will cope with rigos supreme footwork is a big question.

everyone gets hit but its the clean shots you dont see that cause damage. in the past donaire not only struggled to land those shots against guys who move but he got frustrated too and made mistakes, that would play into rigos hands even more him being a great counterpuncher.

so rigos style is perfect to beat a guy like donaire, to change anything up stylistically would be ******ed.

Comment

Thanks for posting those videos, men...pumps me up for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                well, there are two ppl in a fight so even if one fighter looks good the other might look great. we dont know exactly what donaire brings to the table but having seen rigo train we know he will be ready and that still says a lot.

training always means a whole lot too, fights are won in the gym. rigi is prepared to win, donaire betetr be on top of his game to stop him.

rigo isnt open at all either, he relies more on footwork and headmovement for defense than blocking and parrying. its more difficult to master but its more difficult to solve too. donaire always struggled with movement so how he will cope with rigos supreme footwork is a big question.

everyone gets hit but its the clean shots you dont see that cause damage. in the past donaire not only struggled to land those shots against guys who move but he got frustrated too and made mistakes, that would play into rigos hands even more him being a great counterpuncher.

so rigos style is perfect to beat a guy like donaire, to change anything up stylistically would be ******ed.
                Both these guys know they're in with a major talent. They're both training their asses off. Word is that Donaire is training harder for this fight than any other in his career.

Nonito is not the most accurate puncher. I've seen him miss a lot against fighters that don't have nearly the skill, speed and talent that Rigo possesses. I've also seen Donaire get tagged quite frequently by counterpunches from those same fighters. Of course, there are other variables to be considered, but those two aspects make it clear that this will not be a walk in the park for the "Flash."

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I'll give you 3:1 odds
                  so your 20 to my 60
                  PM if you're down
                  Message sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                    Somebody needs to get that sparring footage. He was hitting that dude hard in the first video.

If that's not him, he could've fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

If that's not him, he could've fooled me.
                      Lol I know right? I keep looking and I can't tell, seriously.
                      (Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not)

Comment

Working...
                      X