Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's Commentary is a huge Joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones is a COLOR COMMENTATOR. He's the pro boxer.

Roy can give opinions if he wants to. That's what he's there for. Emanuel Steward did the same thing. When guys like that do it I have no problems. They look for the momentum related stuff and spend most of their time making references to the actual moves taking place inside the ring. Most fans talk about PPV numbers. I can see why they misunderstand a color commentator's purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Fanboy? Nah, he's a highly paid propagandist for his cable TV network.
      Yep that's Lamply alright..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I like that Roy say's son like that..IMO it gives off a chill vibe,like a fan ust watching a fight..Let Roy be Roy..He is a good and very observant commentator..Him and Max feed off each other,can't lie I like it..Showtime has a better crew imo tho..
        It's ok but I've never been a fan of the word son. I'm from the hood but I still never used it but Roy was good last night. No problem with him or the rest of the crew. ST needs to get rid of that MMA announcer though. He used to be good calling the Pride fights back then and he was good with strike force too when it was on ST but I don't like him doing boxing.

Comment

I think HBO commentary is ok, most times RJJ just parrots and repeats what Lampley says but its not a big deal. I like Kellerman though. I used to like and respect Lampley a lot but after that disgusting display of Pac-worship he showed on boxing telecasts and his Fight Game show, I have no respect for him at all. Tim Bradley should refuse to ever even speak to Lampley after how he talked about him after the Pac win. Him and Merchant are just Pac-nut suckers and have been for the last 4-5 years. Maybe now that Pac is done basically Lampley will finish crying in his pillow and move on.

Comment

Working...
          X