Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      HBO's coverage is not the same without Steward and Merchant.

R.I.P. to Steward and respect to Merchant but they were horrible commentators. Can't blame Steward too much cuz he was just a yes man and HBO puppet, Merchant wasn't a yes man but it was very hard to listen to him commentate.

Comment

Roy is my favorite one to hear talk lol
        the rest are annoying

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I don't think it's bad tho..Stewart was to scared to answer Jim and correct him(RIP Manny)and Larry(one of my favs of all time)was/is done..No need for him to still be calling fights at this point..I like the crew they have now..
          I don't like the balance at all.

Kellerman thinks he runs the show now (he basically does), he kind of argues with RJJ who then has to defend himself which is cringey. His post-fight interviews are hopeless. In short, without the older guys around I think Kellerman has got above his station.

Only commentator I really like now is Lampley, miss the old crew (flawed though they might have been).

Comment

Originally posted by True Fan05 View Post
            & so does that POS Jewbag Max Kellerman.
            Reported for racism.

Comment

ure argument sucks bra they called the fights good last night. dont **** on the network that keeps giving us good fights

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Reported for racism.
                Of course you would. You're a ****.

Comment

I try not to listen to the commentary, it distracts from learning. Sometimes I just mute it. From what I did hear though, Lampley makes the fight exciting for viewers. Serious or casual, he has that kind of voice and really presents it well.

Jones/Lewis/Stewert/Foreman were a part of the actual game, I hold them to higher standards because they know it from the inside. At least when it comes to what we're watching. People have favorites and when they do, it's hard to separate that favoritism.

Kellerman started off good but now he's conforming to the HBO requirements and is falling into line with those guys. He always seemed genuine and fair in his analysis. Now he's just saying what he's being paid to say, it seems.

Merchant was cool sometimes, when his figurative speech was on point. When Pacquiao was fighting someone (I think either Hatton or Marquez) he said something like "Pacquiao just came at him like a typhoon across the pacific" I thought that was a cool analogy and he had moments like that throughout his career, earlier on at least and as he got older it seem to really fade, along with his relevancy to the fight. Otherwise I didn't feel like he belonged.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                    really? THATS why u dont want to give examples?
                    LOL I noticed the same thing.

Comment

If I have to hear Roy jones say the word son 1 more time during these damn HBO telecast......

Comment

Working...
                      X