Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg destroys ishida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is a 30 year old prospect who has a powerful punch. He's dangerous but not a world level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
      GGG is a 30 year old prospect who has a powerful punch. He's dangerous but not a world level fighter.
      Prospect?
      Dude has a major and a minor title

Comment

Meh, I don't believe Ishida has ever been stopped before this, but at the same time it is..... Ishida.

So, I'm balancing the win out. Tough to do sometimes between the hyperbolic, and hateration in this dancery.

But make no mistake, GGG is going to be a tough out for anybody at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
          this dude is for real... he just walked down ishida... lookout everyone...
          Walked down a 37 year old career 154 pounder contemplating retirement? I'm scared already....do they test for roids in his fights? Just askin

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
            Maybe by a single sanctioning body but not overall. With the different sanctioning bodies you can be #40 overall but #10 in the wbo. There are easily 10 better middleweights.
            Shoot Boxrec has him as the #3MW and he hasn't even faced one single top 10 mw yet. I'm sure after this win, he'll be ranked ahead of Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
              bring on chavez jr....... martinez gets ko too...
              Good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Meh, I don't believe Ishida has ever been stopped before this, but at the same time it is..... Ishida.

So, I'm balancing the win out. Tough to do sometimes between the hyperbolic, and hateration in this dancery.

But make no mistake, GGG is going to be a tough out for anybody at 160.
                supposedly canelo KOed ishida in sparring. no one can really confirm if it was true, but de la hoya did say it in a tweet. it could have been bs just to hype up alvarez's fight, but who really knows.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoy...parring--45803

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Walked down a 37 year old career 154 pounder contemplating retirement? I'm scared already....do they test for roids in his fights? Just askin

This is really what it comes down to, but he did manage what no one else had and I praise him for that at least. Ishida is a tough guy. The only problem is that after two straight bad losses, retiring, nearly 40, if he didn't knock him out I would have been seriously worried as I think it would have shown his hype is well and truly overdone. It still is, but at least he's actually doing something worthy of some praise this time out.

All he's done here is shown that he belongs with the top guys again, not that he is the top guy.

Isn't it funny though that when a guy does what everyone, including his fans, say he's easily going to do, instead of saying "see, easy work, he belongs" suddenly it's "P4P number 1. He's the GOAT destroyer, unstoppable, undeniable, unbeatable and would beat Ward, Froch, Kessler, Pirog, Martinez, Chavez on the same night at the same time. WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GGG!"
                  Last edited by BennyST; 03-30-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

idk if this link will work but lol at this

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                      supposedly canelo KOed ishida in sparring. no one can really confirm if it was true, but de la hoya did say it in a tweet. it could have been bs just to hype up alvarez's fight, but who really knows.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoy...parring--45803
                      Ahh, all right. Thanks for the info, chi.

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      idk if this link will work but lol at this

Comment

Working...
                      X