No announcement yet.

pacquiao cotto fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Now while i agree PAC looked great that night..I completely disagree with the whole he would have demolished anybody comments..
    Who beats him that night

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
      Who beats him that night
      A good counter puncher with decent defense,someone who can move at angles and make Manny rush in recklessly.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
        Who beats him that night
        Mayweather Marquez Bradley all would have a good chance against him..But I will say PAC would give any of them hell with the way he looked that night..

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          wasn't he getting schooled by Marquez about 18 months earlier
          Exactly!!

After pac destroyed marco antonio barerra alot of people assumed he would have dusted Marquez easily but thats not how things turned out that night in their first match

after tko'ing Erik Morales in the second and third match pac fans were going insane about how this new and improved would destroy Marquez "hes got manilla ice now; Marquez doesnt stand a chance" what happens pac wins a controversial decision in which many at ringside had Marquez winning even media in the philippines Marquez winning ( donaire had Marquez winning)

third match Marquez doesnt have a prayer. pac had his best training camp according to his team. pac is gonna knock him out; not even god can help Marquez .......and then pac gets rewarded 2011 robbery of the year

4th match pac took Marquez lightly the third time around since he had been fighting bigger guys he did not view Marquez as a threat this time he will end the rivalry "once and four all" no marriage distractions pac is 100% motivated to knock out and end the rivalry with Marquez. what happens the best pac we have seen since the cotto fight shows up and he still gets knocked out by his daddy Marquez

so i would say based on their track record

on pacs best night Marquez will always be his daddy

Comment

Manny has problems with lateral movement and counter punchers and that is a documented fact.As long as you engage him he will find success,but once you take that half step to the side he is vulnerable.

Comment

Pac will always feast on left handed fighters who are relatively flat footed. As great as Barrera was he never had a shot against Pac either. You need a good right hand ala JMM and Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                Exactly!!

so i would say based on their track record

on pacs best night Marquez will always be his daddy
                That post might make some sense if JMM had won either of their first two fights. He clearly won the third, but the first two were as much Pacquiao's as they were his.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  That post might make some sense if JMM had won either of their first two fights. He clearly won the third, but the first two were as much Pacquiao's as they were his.
                  I can't agree about Marquez clearly winning the 3rd fight,and I scored it for him..But as usual it was Pac's pressure and work rate against Marquez accurate punching..I felt Marquez did enough in the 3rd..But clear win is a bit of an overstatement imo..

Comment

Cotto took a beating in that fight. The first 5-6 rds was great. After that Cotto got on the bike. Can you blame him though???? PAC was extra roided up for that fight.

Comment

Pac did indeed look great on the night, but Cotto's problems were part of the reason. He was coming off the Margacheato beatdown and a life and death battle with Clottey and he was a total mess; basically training himself, awful footwork, terrible gameplan, etc...

Reagrding Pac-JMM 3, that fight was not even close. 117-111 Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X