• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Its not even close, seriously.

Resume vs. Resume - Lewis wins
    H2H - Lewis wins.

We don't actually know how GOOD Wladimir is. Its a sad truth. He was stopped by Sanders et al early in his career; but he hasn't been 'tested' since then, as Wladimir v.2.

Like I say in almost every fantasy thread, you have to take into account the 'level' of opposition. Not Wladimir's fault, I know; but the standard is incomparable.
    I agree with not knowing how good Wlad is

as you say, the new improved Wlad looks great, but the level of competition has degraded as he's got better so it's hard to really know.

Even now, could he handle a guy like prime Sanders? Strong, powerful, agressive, quick hands? not afraid to cop a jab to land his own bombs

I just don't know, I mean maybe but I can't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Its not even close, seriously.

Resume vs. Resume - Lewis wins
      H2H - Lewis wins.

We don't actually know how GOOD Wladimir is. Its a sad truth. He was stopped by Sanders et al early in his career; but he hasn't been 'tested' since then, as Wladimir v.2.

Like I say in almost every fantasy thread, you have to take into account the 'level' of opposition. Not Wladimir's fault, I know; but the standard is incomparable.

Oh, and please don't mention David Haye. Lewis would have beaten that fraud before the first bell.
      This right here ^^ /end thread

Comment

Originally posted by PEBBLES! View Post
        here's a funny one. remember all those sad wankers who rode Haye's nob for three years of Klitschko baiting, during which Wlad was continuously derided for supposedly lacking personality/charisma? ever notice how these are the same wankers who want to big up Lennox Lewis at every turn, the heavyweight champion with possibly the dullest personality in the history of arguably the most charismatic division in boxing?
        He may not have the energetic Borat voice or the charisma of Haye, but he is probably the coolest, most chill down to earth man in boxing.

He actually runs his own twitter account, unlike FLoyd, Klitschkos Haye and Mike Tyson who probably dont even know their own passwords. And when he's on its not to sell you a DVD or promote a play, he gives honest opinions on current events.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Androol agreeing that David Haye is a fraud. jumping ship on his hero.

Comment

you would be mistaken, boy. i'd feel safe in wagering that i've been around and paying close attention to the sport at least as long as you, if not longer.
            Just by the language you choose to use, I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Androol agreeing that David Haye is a fraud. finally seeing the brilliant white light of truth.

Comment

Well we can do it other way around too. Would Lennox be able to handle fast, skillful, hard handed southpaw guy? He never fought the one (southpaw)... I think he would but my point is you need to apply same criteria for both fighters.
                I don't have a problem with people choosing Lennox, but to say it's not comparable it's a far stretch.. They are very close, resume-wise and H2H wise.

Taking both H2H and resume I have both of them in my top5.
                Last edited by Simurgh; 03-25-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Just by the language you choose to use, I seriously doubt it.
                  that would be a failing of your rather stunted logic, not mine.

Comment

Androol agreeing that David Haye is a fraud. jumping ship on his hero.
                    That's where you are deluded. I fully agree that Haye is not great. He didn't put up as good a show vs Wlad as I expected - I don't even claim he would beat Vitali. Just that he has a good shot and I'd like to see it.

I like his style of fighting. That's it.

If I mention Brewster to you, you would be the first to claim he was drugged and what not. That's why there's no point in discussing anything with you. You sound like a boy, you act like a boy and you have no impartiality.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      He may not have the energetic Borat voice or the charisma of Haye, but he is probably the coolest, most chill down to earth man in boxing.

He actually runs his own twitter account, unlike FLoyd, Klitschkos Haye and Mike Tyson who probably dont even know their own passwords. And when he's on its not to sell you a DVD or promote a play, he gives honest opinions on current events.
                      a wet fart is more worthy of being listened to than Lewis, frankly.

thee lousiest colour-commentator in HBO history. bar none. i'd rather listen to Giampa bumble his way through another Sho appearance than listen to Lummox call a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X