No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Eyes Martinez-Murray Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    He's looking for money fights right now.
    I don't know if he'll ever leave Argentina because that dude seems to be busting gates and selling tickets.
    If Golovkin can get his name out there even more (pretty sure he has 2 more HBO dates out of his 4 remaining fights this year) it could happen.
    I'd take Martinez as of right now
    Golovkin is pretty good but I'd take Martinez any day of the week. The guy is just too good. This year, next year, Martinez wins and does so convincingly.

Comment

Rubio keeps beating nobodies, then gets title shots

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        yeah. If he spoke better english he would probably get a lot more exposure
        Once HBO realizes his capabilities, they will push to make him a PPV star through out the remainder of his career. I'm just glad he is finally starting to generate the attention he deserves. He is the kind of boxer that really can serve as a role model to kids as well as future boxers.

I can't really say it enough, the guy is good for the sport, in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Rubio keeps beating nobodies, then gets title shots
          What was the reason again? Because JCC Jr didn't want to take testing after the fight, they compromised with a mando shot

Comment

I actually think Rubio's complaint about the lack of testing in the Jr fight is legitimate and the ruling from the CAS is a fair enough, but dammit I don't care. Fight Quillin.

I don't think HBO will buy Martinez-Rubio so I could see Rubio being paid off and just taking the Quillin fight.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-24-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I actually think Rubio's complaint about the lack of testing in the Jr fight is legitimate and the ruling from the CAS is a fair enough, but dammit I don't care. Fight Quillin.

I don't think HBO will buy Martinez-Rubio so I could see Rubio being paid off and just taking the Quillin fight.
              I think so too... but to have it parlayed into a mando shot is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

You're missing the bigger picture here.

1) WBC and the athletic commision allow Chavez to fight without drug testing as per usual because he's a Mexican star.

2) After Chavez gets outclassed him not being drug tested is now used as a way to give another undeserving Mexican another title shot.

WBC really knows how to look out for their own.
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 03-24-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Jesus, why does Martinez have to KO all of us Brits? Maybe someone should tell him that no matter how many of us he KOs they will NEVER get the Falklands back! Lol

Comment

Go away, Rubio. ffs

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Martinez fights him, wins by KO, and ends the year by ending Golovkin's career. Fighter of the year coming up folks....believe that.
                      Golovkin would be a good win but unless everyone else has a terrible year then Martinez isn't going to win FOTY for beating Murray, Rubio and Golovkin.

2 out of 3 of those are terrible fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X