No announcement yet.

David Haye Decision in 10 Days.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    OK I see where this is going. Are you trolling me or are you seriously suggesting Povetkin has better skills than Haye? I know you don't like him, but that's just ludicrous.
    Yep, skill-wise, Povetkin is ahead of Haye. He's a much more complete fighter than Haye. Haye's arsenal is powerful, but limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
      Adamek more skilled than Haye?

These Klitschko "fans" get worse by the day
      Haye ducked Adamek in the cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by 'StellarCareer' View Post
        Adamek in Poland would draw huge figures,50/50 fight IMO,I couldn't see a stoppage personally,Goral has looked lethargic of late,Haye would be catching him at a good time if they fought now.
        Lol Vitali stopped Adamke and couldn't make a dent in Chisora....People still underestimate Hayes power....Doesn't matter how good a chin is.. Haye can Knock out any heavyweight in this current Era..including Valuev

Comment

I do rank Haye highly based on his talent - but he really didn't live up to hype. Comparing him with Wlad doesn't do him any favor - he is just not on that level IMO (similar to comparing Froch to Ward). I just don't see Haye beating Wlad. And I don't even think it's about the size difference that much.

Saying that I still do believe that active Haye has much to offer in HW. If I was in his place I would chase Povetkin belt. That one makes a lot of sense.

Comment

I'm very tired of listening to Haye's Hamlet-like dithering over his future. Either retire or fight, make up your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Haye ducked Adamek in the cruisers.
              Haha, when Haye had his first HW fight, Adamek was still at LHW - get your facts straight.

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Yep, skill-wise, Povetkin is ahead of Haye. He's a much more complete fighter than Haye. Haye's arsenal is powerful, but limited.
              Wow. I don't know what to say. I know you know that is not true. Nobody in the HW division has the punch variety that Haye has.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Haha, when Haye had his first HW fight, Adamek was still at LHW - get your facts straight.
                What are you talking about? After Bonin Haye fought 2 more fights at CW

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  What are you talking about? After Bonin Haye fought 2 more fights at CW
                  So?! What was I said inaccurate? Haye had chosen to go up to HW before winning the lineal title from Mormeck, and had stuggled to make weight for a while. When Haye fought Bonin he weighed in at 217. This was when Adamek weighed in at 175. It would be like if Andre Ward moved up to LHW and Chavez jr moved up to SMW, you would say Ward ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    Not only that, but the only punch he throws technically correct is the jab. His left hook is wide and looping and his right cross is a windmill punch. Furthermore, he rarely sets up his power punches with a jab.

Once his speeds goes, at 33 it largely already will have, he won't have a lot to fall back on.
                    Woah, you really dislike the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      Many of Haye's KO victims were past their 38th birthday: for example, Barrett was 38, Ruiz was 38, Audrey was 39.

Punch resistance is often the first thing to go as a fighter fades.
                      The saying goes that its the last thing you lose.
                      Last edited by LacedUp; 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X