No announcement yet.

David Haye Decision in 10 Days.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    There is no doubt he will bring some attention to the HW division again, he just needs to fight more regularly and seriously work on his wind as his stamina is terrible. (Just rewatch the Chisora fight to see how he was gasping)

If he comes back with purpose, fights twice a year and is ready for 12 round fights, he really could be a good thing for boxing, but until then, i'm fed up with all the false starts & promises. It's time to deliver or go home
    I don't think his stamina was bad against Chisora to be honest.

Yes, he was breathing hard. However, it was only between rounds and at no point during the actual fight did he look to be having trouble with the pace or slow down.

Generally speaking though, his stamina isn't great but it's been better at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I don't think his stamina was bad against Chisora to be honest.

Yes, he was breathing hard. However, it was only between rounds and at no point during the actual fight did he look to be having trouble with the pace or slow down.

Generally speaking though, his stamina isn't great but it's been better at HW.
      I disagree. I thought haye was breathing very heavily against Chisora. IMO Chisora was coming into the fight, he was tagging haye more and starting to boss him around. I think with all this time out of the ring and not training hard haye will have even more stamina issues.

Comment

Adamek would prefer revenue to title shots it appears,maybe it'll happen! As for Povetkin or Pulev ? Personally I doubt it,Charr is more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
          I disagree. I thought haye was breathing very heavily against Chisora. IMO Chisora was coming into the fight, he was tagging haye more and starting to boss him around. I think with all this time out of the ring and not training hard haye will have even more stamina issues.
          I saw it very much the opposite.

Haye was starting to land cleaner shots as the fight progressed, while Chisora was getting more and more wild and missing by miles. He landed one decent punch all fight...he was also getting pushed back in the clinches.

In the 5th round alone Chisora was caught with two big right hands before the left hook that levelled him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            What other fighter in the HW division has equal skill set to Haye? The only one I can think that even comes close is Wlad, but he only throws the 1-2 and occassional left hook. Haye is by far the most skilled fighter.

Exactly.
            Adamek, Povetkin, Pulev, Banks, Solis, Chambers are all more skilled than Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
              I think that's the reason he is coming back. His 'Acting' career just hasn't taken off. I view david haye as a fighter who doesn't like to fight. If there was any chance he could earn a decent living off Acting he would. Since Im a celeb he hasn't been on tv what so ever and I think he realizes he needs a few more fights to give him more of a nest egg to live on. This is a guy who lives a jet set lifestyle and in his career hasn't fought all that often. maybe twice in 2 years?
              David Haye is a wannabe. And he doesn't want any tough fights. He doesn't like getting punched in his handsome face.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Not only that, but the only punch he throws technically correct is the jab. His left hook is wide and looping and his right cross is a windmill punch. Furthermore, he rarely sets up his power punches with a jab.

Once his speeds goes, at 33 it largely already will have, he won't have a lot to fall back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  OK I see where this is going. Are you trolling me or are you seriously suggesting Povetkin has better skills than Haye? I know you don't like him, but that's just ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    Not only that, but the only punch he throws technically correct is the jab. His left hook is wide and looping and his right cross is a windmill punch. Furthermore, he rarely sets up his power punches with a jab.

Once his speeds goes, at 33 it largely already will have, he won't have a lot to fall back on.
                    90% KO ratio; he must be doing something right.

Comment

Adamek more skilled than Haye?

These Klitschko "fans" get worse by the day

Comment

Working...
                      X