No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
    Lol.. Or it could mean I'm just letting the biatch know she is disposable, but if she's learned her lesson and wants to come back crawling on her hands and knees I'm willing to her.

I'm done with this debate now. Time to go watch some Game of Thrones on HBO On Demand!
    Your done with the debate because I make sense. Im not looking to go back and forth with you to prove my D1ck is bigger than yours im just telling you the truth Ken Hershman messed up and hes trying to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
      Do you realize I said HBO will be fine without GBP and vice versa, in my opening post?

Youre the one who thinks its some awesome thing HBO wont be showing the best boxers anymore. Do you even like boxing
      I definitely think it's in boxing's best interest to have GBP's fighters on HBO, but my point from the beginning is that I believe GBP needs HBO more then HBO needs them.. Simple as that. If I'm wrong only time will tell, we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

I definitely think it's in boxing's best interest to have GBP's fighters on HBO, but my point from the beginning is that I believe GBP needs HBO more then HBO needs them.. Simple as that. If I'm wrong only time will tell, we'll just have to wait and see.
        Neither need each other. Showtime seems more interested in better fights and weight tourneys and HBO seems to not care one way or the other...but why blacklist GBP then?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
          Your done with the debate because I make sense. Im not looking to go back and forth with you to prove my D1ck is bigger than yours im just telling you the truth Ken Hershman messed up and hes trying to fix it.
          pretty much what ive gathered

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
            That's not the truth though, that's your opinion. Just cause you're taking Hershman's comments a certain way does not prove it's a fact. And no I'm done cause I'm bout to enjoy dinner now with the Fam and like I said watch some Game of Thrones (FTW)!.. Have a good night bro.

Comment

That's not the truth though, that's your opinion. Just cause you're taking Hershman's comments a certain way does not prove it's a fact. And no I'm done cause I'm bout to enjoy dinner now with the Fam and like I said watch some Game of Thrones (FTW)!.. Have a good night bro.
              so youre more a fan of hbos program than of boxing. so youre a virgin nerdy type lol ok i understand now.

as long as they dont cancel "girls" on you right?

Comment

lol, Hershman phucked up and is backtracking. Your description of the situation does not jive with HBO saying it's no longer working with GBP, and in less than a week, suddenly backtracking and saying it'll work with any promoter. What did GBP do or say differently in the span of those few days for HBO to suddenly change heart? LOL, nothing. Fact of the matter is GBP's plans have been in motion months ago - they've BEEN moving their fighters to SHO. Hershman's tantrum did little to change the current course of that ship.

Lol.. Or it could mean I'm just letting the biatch know she is disposable, but if she's learned her lesson and wants to come back crawling on her hands and knees I'm willing to her.

I'm done with this debate now. Time to go watch some Game of Thrones on HBO On Demand!

Comment

Too bad the biggest boxing star on earth will more then likely NEVER actually fight on the network. Your argument is nothing more then a theory being that your assuming that because GBP has a few bigger names Showtime's ratings and overall subscribers will skyrocket past HBO's somehow.. Anyone with a brain understands this couldn't be further from the truth. The reason most of the GBP fighters are the stars they are is because they have been showcased on HBO not only to the hardcore boxing fans, but to the casual and non boxing fans as well. Name me one fighter that became a huge star by being showcased on Showtime???.. HBO has a proven track record that proves they are more then capable of taking a guys like Brandon Rios, Donaire and Gamboa and making a stars out of them, not to mention HBO still has Chavez Jr. who draws higher ratings then anyone on the GBP roster.
                  All those fighters started on Showtime

Comment

HBO has built mega stars a la Oscar, Floyd, Manny and will continue to groom the next crop of superstars. Both en****** (HBO/GBP) will move on just fine without each other. HBO still has a gaudy lineup with Ward, Jmm, Sergio, Donaire, Golovkin, Jcc Jr, Bam Bam, Bradley, Dawson, Klitschko bro's, Gamboa, Mikey G, Rigo, Bute vs Pascal, Viloria finally on network and GBP's void to invest in young up n comers. Not to mention that HBO built GBP's roster so I'm sure they'll be able to develop another talent pool as well. What I really want to see is if GBPtime will be able to pull in outside promotions to work with them once HBO starts investing in those promotions. Also, I'm not so sure if SHO/CBS can handle a full roster, schedule, etc and keep GBP's stable growing as they have been.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                      Don't agree with the Floyd part at all - HBO did huge numbers with all their Floyd fights, you're naive if you think they 'let' Mayweather go to Showtime, that move in itself was a huge kiatBO's nuts.
                      HBO been trying to get Floyd to fight competitive fights forever now. that's the reason why Floyd left, cause HBO kept putting pressure on him. yeah they made money off Floyd, but they were overpaying Floyd. at least DLH ( the former superstar) fought everyone that HBO wanted him to fight. dealing with Floyd is a fu*cking headache. I'm sure it hurt HBO cause they spent millions developing Floyd into a ppv star, their investment in Floyd didn't pay off as well as they intended, so the silver lining is that they don't have to deal with Floyd's antics anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X