No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
    Neither do you dimwit.. So really you don't know fck about it and was just speculating as well on all that money you claimed HBO was losing right dummy? ..

Or do you have "solid evidence" to prove your right?.. Of course not. My God you're an idiot
    So HBO's boxing budget isn't hurt by losing out on canelo and floyd ppv? afterall canelo was helping boost sales so much

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
      Ken Hershman knows he effed up by saying hes not in the GBP business and hes doing the right thing trying to fix it by saying hes open to all promoters (hes really saying im open to GBP because he was already working with "All promoters")

Its too little too late he drew a line in the sand without having anything to leverage it with.

1 month after Floyd vs Guerrero he will be jobless.

Ohhh its true.
      Not true at all.. Hershman said "We will take a call from anyone", meaning if GBP wants to come back and make some quality fight offers he's willing to listen and why shouldn't he?. He didn't eff up on anything. He's handled everything appropriately so far. HBO will still be the premier premium cable network with or without GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by jso41676096
        Not true at all.. Hershman said "We will take a call from anyone", meaning if GBP wants to come back and make some quality fight offers he's willing to listen and why shouldn't he?. He didn't eff up on anything. He's handled everything appropriately so far. HBO will still be the premier premium cable network with or without GBP.
        Ok so answer this....why would Ken Hershman say he would accept a call from GBP when last week he said he was not doing business with GBP last week?

Comment

Ok so answer this....why would Ken Hershman say he would accept a call from GBP when last week he said he was not doing business with GBP last week?
          HBO are still going to be working with GBP but they aren't going to be giving them free date or giving them priorities like they use to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
            So HBO's boxing budget isn't hurt by losing out on canelo and floyd ppv? afterall canelo was helping boost sales so much
            LMFAO @"HBO's boxing budget".. WTF does that mean anyway?.. Do you realize boxing makes up just a small portion of HBO's overall revenue?? Do you realize HBO can drop boxing all together and still slam showtime's GBP events in the ratings just by running Soprano's reruns??.. God help Showtime if they ever decided to bring back the show entirely.

As for Canelo so far the numbers prove Chavez Jr. is a bigger draw then Canelo anyway, and Canelo will more then likely lose to Trout pretty soon. Meanwhile Jr's anticipated rematch with Sergio is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              HBO are still going to be working with GBP but they aren't going to be giving them free date or giving them priorities like they use to do.
              ... ^^^ This.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                No they arent. Ken Hershman is backtracking because he effed up.

Look at it like this.

Your on again of again girlfriend starts dating another guy. You tell your buddies im done with her we arent good for eachother. Then a week later you see her best friends and say I said what I said but if she wants to call me im open to listen to her. You would only say that to her if you still wanted her and realized you effed up.

Comment

He won't answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
                    LMFAO @"HBO's boxing budget".. WTF does that mean anyway?.. Do you realize boxing makes up just a small portion of HBO's overall revenue?? Do you realize HBO can drop boxing all together and still slam showtime's GBP events in the ratings just by running Soprano's reruns??.. God help Showtime if they ever decided to bring back the show entirely.

As for Canelo so far the numbers prove Chavez Jr. is a bigger draw then Canelo anyway, and Canelo will more then likely lose to Trout pretty soon. Meanwhile Jr's anticipated rematch with Sergio is inevitable.
                    Do you realize I said HBO will be fine without GBP and vice versa, in my opening post?

Youre the one who thinks its some awesome thing HBO wont be showing the best boxers anymore. Do you even like boxing

Comment

No they arent. Ken Hershman is backtracking because he effed up.

Look at it like this.

Your on again of again girlfriend starts dating another guy. You tell your buddies im done with her we arent good for eachother. Then a week later you see her best friends and say I said what I said but if she wants to call me im open to listen to her. You would only say that to her if you still wanted her and realized you effed up.
                      Lol.. Or it could mean I'm just letting the biatch know she is disposable, but if she's learned her lesson and wants to come back crawling on her hands and knees I'm willing to her.

I'm done with this debate now. Time to go watch some Game of Thrones on HBO On Demand!

Comment

Working...
                      X