No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Receives a 'Two Year Sanction' From USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    erik wishes to have some fights more to end his carreer on a better note.....

the usada threw him off balance on this, at least in the u.s.a....

i am not sure though if 2 years suspension is not too harsh to deprive erik the chance to fight again in the u.s.....where he has thrilled so many people with his fighting style...
    So then would you say the possibility of him not being able to fight in the US for 2 years hurt his career ?

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
      Morales needed JMM's PEDs guy...
      It's not like Memo beat USADA or anything like that. That fight didn't have stricter drug testing since Pacauiao/Bob Arum didn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        You've always got a comment contrary to something I'm saying. No network is going to get behind him until he has paid his debt to society. So yea he can probably fight in Mexico. But for nowhere near as much money and not on any of the big networks. He's 36 years old a 2 year sanction is essentially his pink slip.
        Lol paid his debt to society? His pink slip is being old and losing 3 of his last 4 and looking like ****. No network, which im sure youre referring to HBO or Showtime, is going to pick him up regardless of this sanction

Mexican networks will gladly televise his fights in mexico tho.
        Last edited by Russian Crushin; 03-23-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Lol paid his debt to society? His pink slip is being old and losing 3 of his last 4 and looking like ****. No network, which im sure youre referring to HBO or Showtime, is going to pick him up regardless of this sanction

Mexican networks will gladly televise his fights in mexico tho.
          you are trying to argue that getting sanctioned by USADA and not being able to fight in an entire country (us) for 2 years when he's already in the twilight of his career will have not effect him in the slightest ? I don't care wether or not he's only going to fight one more time in Mexico or if Mexican networks will pick him up. Fighters say they are going to retire all the time Mosley hasn't looked good since 2009 and he's still getting another shot on Showtime. Neither HBO or Showtime are above throwing a shot to **** Erik Morales into the ring to fill a gap in their schedule.

Erik Morales might've said he wants one more fight in Mexico and then might've tried to land another one in the states who knows. What he now knows is that option is off the table because of what USADA decided . In other words they forced his hand. He now has no other choice than to do what he said he was going to do ... One more fight and retire ... Prior to today there were options.

Comment

USADA is a lot more strict than a commission. they ban athletes in other sports

Comment

I guess it's a FAREWELL then.Erik " El Terrible " Morales

Comment

The problem that we have here is the organisation or promoters aren't really going to uphold this sanction or are they?

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  What he now knows is that option is off the table because of what USADA decided . In other words they forced his hand. He now has no other choice than to do what he said he was going to do ... One more fight and retire ... Prior to today there were options.
                  No Erik Morales decided not USADA, all they did was to caught a drug cheat and then applies the letter of the law on those papers that Morales signed, Morales decided to use performing enhancing drugs and he basically force the hands of USADA not the other way round. Am sure if he didn't use drugs then USADA would have no impact on where he wants to fight, what options he has or whatever.

Comment

Let's be honest, who wants to see this version of Morales fight any of the top 10 guys, I sure as hell don't. They're actually doing him a favor and in turn doing us a favor.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      Let's be honest, who wants to see this version of Morales fight any of the top 10 guys, I sure as hell don't. They're actually doing him a favor and in turn doing us a favor.
                      It has been clear that this version of Erik was only a shadow of his glorious past. Returning after four years and forced to fight 2-3 divisions above his peak wasn't a good idea. Despite being very past his prime, Erik still had a very competitive fight vs. Maidana and won a title in a 4th division (against a young Cano), but let's not forget that after having some surgery Erik lost that belt one day before to his first fight vs. Garcia. Erik was able to make that first fight vs. Garcia competitive but looked horrible in the second fight realizing finally that he should have remained retired. This USADA ban is really irrelevant to future plans (the farewell fight in Tijuana) as well as his future induction to the HOF. I just hope that USADA applies the same criteria in future cases. I also expect to see fines and suspensions of commissions similar to the ones given to Chavez Jr. Rule enforcement should be the same beyond nationalities or ethnic backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X