Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who win the GBP 140 tourney? Points give away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Khan can get pass Garcia it will be Khan vs Matthysse at the end but Khan will outbox Matthysse(if he doesn't get caught)

Comment

Considering Khan is finalist by default, it's hardly a fair tourney.

I'm not a Garcia fan at all, but usually contenders fight each other to get a shot at the current champion, not the other way round.

That said, I absolutely give Khan a chance to (undeservingly) win this 'tournament'.

People act as if Khan never won, while he has more than decent wins against Kotelnik, Salita, Malignacci, Maidana and Zab Judah.

I would give Khan more than a chance against Matthysse to be honest, just because the Argentinian knocked out one guy with a counter right, that doesn't make him a counter puncher. Khan would trouble him more than Judas or Alexander did, for he seems both more powerful and faster than either.
      Yes, Matthysse can K.O. him, but I'm not sure he has such a big power advantage. If we look at how Judah took punches from both men, it seems to show that they are level in that regard. It all depends on Khan's ability to fight smart, or at least not too stupid.

If he fights Peterson, it'd be another close fight, in my opinion.
      Garcia is the most tricky, the guy already K.O'ed him, can Khan avoid to make the same mistakes?. Unlike Matthysse, Garcia relies a lot on counter punching.

Comment

I think Matthyse and Judah win then Khan loses to Matthyse if he doesn't improve a ****load by then. He'll win rounds, tire out, then get beat on if he doesn't fix his problems by then.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
          I would give Khan more than a chance against Matthysse to be honest, just because the Argentinian knocked out one guy with a counter right, that doesn't make him a counter puncher. Khan would trouble him more than Judas or Alexander did, for he seems both more powerful and faster than either.
          Yes, Matthysse can K.O. him, but I'm not sure he has such a big power advantage. If we look at how Judah took punches from both men, it seems to show that they are level in that regard. It all depends on Khan's ability to fight smart, or at least not too stupid.
          You have got to be kidding, Khan never hurt Zab with a single shot like Matthysse did, he just overwhelmed him with volume and then when Zab got hit on the belt line, he milked that to get 5 mn or a DQ. You think Molina would have lasted 10 rounds with Matthysse?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            You have got to be kidding, Khan never hurt Zab with a single shot like Matthysse did, he just overwhelmed him with volume and then when Zab got hit on the belt line, he milked that to get 5 mn or a DQ. You think Molina would have lasted 10 rounds with Matthysse?
            I might be wrong, and time will tell, but I got the impression that against top level competition Matthysse's knock downs are the result of accumation as much as Khan's.

Stylistically, Matthysse is a guy who looks to land a K.O. punch after working the body, while Khan moves in and out and doesn't load his punches as as much. And while I wouldn't argue if one gives Matthysse an edge, I don't think he such a K.O. monster, or so vastly superior in terms of overall power.

If facts prove me wrong, then I'll be the first to admit that I underrated Matthysse.

Comment

I'd prefer this tourney to be done like a league than a semi finals then final.

Comment

Judah vs Garcia - Judah via UD

Matthysse vs Peterson - Peterson via tko

Judah vs Peterson - Peterson via UD

Khan vs Peterson - Peterson via SD

Comment

Matthysse vs Peterson - Matthysse
                  Judah vs Garcia - Garcia

Winner vs Winner - Garcia
                  Winner vs Khan - Garcia

It will be either Garcia or Matthysse who wins it. Garcia Matthysse is going to be a close fight.

Comment

Are people seriously picking Judah to beat Garcia?

Is this some sort of way of giving merit to Garcia-Judah happening?

Comment

Lamont Peterson

Comment

Working...
                      X