Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye get another Wlad shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Tony Thompson can somehow get two shots at Wlad, then why not Haye.

Haye is highly ranked, perhaps one eliminator fight then a shot against Wlad.

Comment

He needs to fight the people round about him in the rankings to build up a potential rematch. Basically, he needs to earn a shot.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether we think he should or shouldn't.

Haye is ranked #1 by the WBA so he can just sit on that ranking and he'll have to get a shot eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          And what?

You'd rather see guys like Pianeta and mormeck get blasted out in 2 rounds in meaningless fights?
          Sure they're meaningless, but Haye/Klitschko was PAINFULLY dreadful to watch. If they fight eachother again, so be it. The division is weak and Haye is pretty much the next best thing next to the Klits so it why not (not to mention hes the top contender for one of the titles). I just know I won't be watching that crap again.

Comment

Haye should just focus on building a legacy at HW, so far he's fought:

Barrett W
            Valuev W
            Ruiz W
            Harrison W
            Klitschko L
            Chisora W

He should be adding names like Pulev, Fury, Povetkin, Helenius, Boystov to that list and if he can force another Klitschko shot all the better.

Comment

Hell no, Haye is undeserving.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Haye should just focus on building a legacy at HW, so far he's fought:

Barrett W
                Valuev W
                Ruiz W
                Harrison W
                Klitschko L
                Chisora W

He should be adding names like Pulev, Fury, Povetkin, Helenius, Boystov to that list and if he can force another Klitschko shot all the better.
                Pulev - Not a legacy builder, he's just an unproven contender nobody has ever heard of

Fury - same, but it is a big uk fight at least

Povetkin - good fight, also includes a paper belt

Helenius - journeyman

Boytsov - See Pulev, plus is he actually still fighting or retired? i'm serious, i don't know.

I know what you are trying to say, but there are VERY little fights out there worth Haye's time, even if he beats a Pulev say, it means nothing to the casuals, and to everyone on here they will just say pulev was an untested hype job so it means nothing.

Four fights worth it for Haye

Povetkin
                Fury
                Vitali
                Wlad

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Nope. NO #1 contender should be allowed to sit on his ranking. However, if one is allowed to do it there should be no problem with another doing.
                  I more or less agree with this. The fact Haye fought so tentatively his ftrst time around makes me wary though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    After his pathetic first outing, he will never deserve another shot at Wlad.
                    /thread.......

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                      After his pathetic first outing, he will never deserve another shot at Wlad.
                      Well he is rated number one by the WBA and is worlds better than the Mormecks, Wach's and Pianeta's.

Comment

Working...
                      X