Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley Ranked #3 for Welterweights on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Pac, Marquez, or Floyd gave that kind of ****ty performance, we'd be sitting here saying 'Yup, definitely worthy of a #3 welterweight ranking'? No way.

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Pac couldnt do it... Whats the argument? maybe if Bradley had only fought scrubs his whole career but he hasnt..

Maybe Prov is just better than people think. Give some props.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      But this wasn't Pac or anyone nearly equivalent. This was Ruslan Provodnikov for phuck's sake. *Maybe* if he'd been caught just once and it was a fluke, but the JWW had him on ***** street in rounds 1, 2, 6, and forced him to take a knee in the 12th. I know 147 is shallow but considering just the fight in its own regard, that was more of 'I don't deserve to be ranked #3' performance.
      We are talking a 7 pound deference... Not like the guy had to be weight drained or had to put on a large amount of weight. The fact Ruslan put on a performance at 147 like he did may just say he can compete at 147! Down talking one of them is down talking another.

If anything both raised their stock with the performance they gave and personally would like to see Ruslan against any 140 or 147 pound fighter.

While Bradley had shown resilience in the most extreme circumstances, and brings curiosity who at 140 or 147 can put Bradley away? Pacquiao, seen it and don't want to see it. Mayweather, can out box the kid. Alexander, seen it. Khan, both really in my view lack power, have speed and would come to who got off first. Garcia, has power, but not sure about skill/technique.

Lets here some good opposition with some real arguments.

Comment

The only guys that might rank higher are Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather and Guerrero. You can't make a reasonable case for any other welterweight being ranked above him. If you put him higher than any two of these guys he is number three. Mayweather is first without a doubt. Marquez has the Pacquiao KO but has no other wins at 147. Pacquiao clearly beat Bradley in my opinion but Bradley got the win and then Pacquiao suffered a KO loss. I don't think Guerrero has done quite enough to be ahead of Bradley. Bradley holds an easy win over a current 147 pound champ Alexander. Bradley is top 5 without a doubt and top 3 sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          The JWW was at ww because he couldn't make jww anymore, Roach said that. Dude had one (1) SD loss that many thought he won. He won his last 5 fights, 4 by KO. Bradley has a better resume than 95% of boxers in the sport regardless of division.
          He has a terrific resume and a well earned Ring top 10 spot. Ruslan is not that great though, having seen him on ESPN a bunch. And he was only 150 fight night, weird he can't make 140. Hardly any top 10 LWW are under 150 fight night.

Comment

Ruslan was supposed to be an unranked tune-up, this was a junior welter making the leap to 147, giving up 9 pounds, and still sent the bigger Bradley to the hospital for amnesia after nearly KO'ing him multiple times. Like I said, great fight for the fans, but this was a ****ty a$$ performance. I don't imagine if that were Pac taking a knee in the 12th and telling Kellerman after the fight that he couldn't even remember some parts of it that we'd be sitting here arguing that Pac deserved to be #3 welter. Tim's stock should have dropped after this fight.

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            We are talking a 7 pound deference... Not like the guy had to be weight drained or had to put on a large amount of weight. The fact Ruslan put on a performance at 147 like he did may just say he can compete at 147! Down talking one of them is down talking another.

If anything both raised their stock with the performance they gave and personally would like to see Ruslan against any 140 or 147 pound fighter.

While Bradley had shown resilience in the most extreme circumstances, and brings curiosity who at 140 or 147 can put Bradley away? Pacquiao, seen it and don't want to see it. Mayweather, can out box the kid. Alexander, seen it. Khan, both really in my view lack power, have speed and would come to who got off first. Garcia, has power, but not sure about skill/technique.

Lets here some good opposition with some real arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              Ruslan was supposed to be an unranked tune-up, this was a junior welter making the leap to 147, giving up 9 pounds, and still sent the bigger Bradley to the hospital for amnesia after nearly KO'ing him multiple times. Like I said, great fight for the fans, but this was a ****ty a$$ performance. I don't imagine if that were Pac taking a knee in the 12th and telling Kellerman after the fight that he couldn't even remember some parts of it that we'd be sitting here arguing that Pac deserved to be #3 welter. Tim's stock should have dropped after this fight.
              No your right, Pacquiao was on the canvas sleeping against a junior welter. Telling Kellerman 10 minutes later, he didn't see the punch coming.

He was supposed to be a unranked tune-up against a fighter with a actually damn good resume, a Dangerous opponent to anyone who has seen his fights.

Comment

lol you guys realize if Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather, or guerrero got kd (arguably) 3 times they would get so much **** and be lowered even if they won? Especially against a guy like ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  lol you guys realize if Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather, or guerrero got kd (arguably) 3 times they would get so much **** and be lowered even if they won? Especially against a guy like ruslan
                  Marquez gets dropped by Diaz and Katsidis and still stays #1 LW

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Diaz didn't drop him. Hurt him. But he didn't drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Was also drop and on route to a lose before knocking Pacquiao out. Yet rank #2 P4P

Comment

Working...
                      X