Bradley Ranked #3 for Welterweights on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Marquez gets dropped by Diaz and Katsidis and still stays #1 LW
    JMM was lineal at 135, there's only 2 ways to lose the spot. But yeah, I wouldn't drop Tim unless he looks bad next. Even Cloud barely dropped in the rankings after Campillo, and that was a straight robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      Was also drop and on route to a lose before knocking Pacquiao out. Yet rank #2 P4P
      and dropped pacquiao before that, but those two are like eachothers arch rival
      lol. But yeah Marquez has been dropped but he wasn't getting battered like that. Martinez gets dropped then comebacks with KO's or dominates the rest of the fight. Bradley didn't do that much But he did last so I guess it doesn't matter

Comment

Please, you're arguing a top 3 welterweight deserves that ranking when they struggled to survive against an unranked, 8-1 underdog, moving up in weight? Wow, don't be setting that bar too high.

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        No your right, Pacquiao was on the canvas sleeping against a junior welter. Telling Kellerman 10 minutes later, he didn't see the punch coming.

He was supposed to be a unranked tune-up against a fighter with a actually damn good resume, a Dangerous opponent to anyone who has seen his fights.

Comment

I'm guessing that ESPN makes the rankings based off OFFICIAL results and not public opinion...which is the right way to rank fighters because some fighters have more animosity thrown their way for the weirdest reasons than others...Bradley is by far one of those fighters

IMO, ESPN has him ranked properly!!

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            Please, you're arguing a top 3 welterweight deserves that ranking when they struggled to survive against an unranked, 8-1 underdog, moving up in weight? Wow, don't be setting that bar too high.
            you say that as if he lost the fight, he got rocked and it effected him all night, and he still completely out boxed ruslan for majority of the fight

Comment

Difference being he got rocked ALL night. From round 1 to the closing seconds of round 12. Yes, he got it together for a majority of the 2nd half and he didn't lose but he sure as hell didn't win like a #3 welterweight.

Tim's two meaningful fights at 147 have been Pac (where 11 out of 10 people surveyed say he lost) and Ruslan (where he was nearly KO'd multiple times by a smaller unranked 8-1 underdog).

Ladies and gentleman, your #3 welterweight, Tim Bradley.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              you say that as if he lost the fight, he got rocked and it effected him all night, and he still completely out boxed ruslan for majority of the fight

Comment

Agree..................

Comment

Difference being he got rocked ALL night. From round 1 to the closing seconds of round 12. Yes, he got it together for a majority of the 2nd half and he didn't lose but he sure as hell didn't win like a #3 welterweight.

Tim's two meaningful fights at 147 have been Pac (where 11 out of 10 people surveyed say he lost) and Ruslan (where he was nearly KO'd multiple times by a smaller unranked 8-1 underdog).

Ladies and gentleman, your #3 welterweight, Tim Bradley.
                  do you think hes top 5?

Comment

He's got a widely disputed SD win/robbery over Pac, and was nearly stopped multiple times by his unranked tune-up, Ruslan. I could maybe buy the argument if people are arguing the ranking because 147 is slim pickings. But I sure as heck can't see how you could argue he deserves a #3 welter ranking off of his performance against Pac and Ruslan. How?

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    do you think hes top 5?

Comment

He's got a widely disputed SD win/robbery over Pac, and was nearly stopped multiple times by his unranked tune-up, Ruslan. I could maybe buy the argument if people are arguing the ranking because 147 is slim pickings. But I sure as heck can't see how you could argue he deserves a #3 welter ranking off of his performance against Pac and Ruslan. How?
                      you have to put his past into account too, not just his 147 fights, he might have lost to pac but who beats him @ ww, kell brook, maidana, ghost are not better than tim. pac just got iced, time is no worse than #4, despite his last 2 fights

Comment

Working...
                      X